- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
- Women’s rugby team takes home second championship
- Women’s basketball’s upset bid against Michigan State falls short
- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
7 fast food chain meals that won’t make you feel guilty
Fast food is cheap, which is why so many college students find themselves eating it on a weekly basis. Most can’t afford to go out for a gourmet meal whenever the Café options aren’t appealing. But getting fast food doesn’t mean you have to consume more than half of your daily calories in one sitting. Here are some healthy options that won’t leave you feeling guilty.
1. Panera Bread: Turkey Artichoke on Focaccia and Garden Vegetable Soup with Pesto
This nutrient-packed ‘You Pick Two’ combo has 570 calories, and only 140 from fat. It has 26 grams of protein, more than 50 percent of your suggested daily consumption.
2. McDonald’s: Snack Wrap and Small Fry
Choose grilled instead of crispy chicken for protein. Grilled chicken also avoids unwanted carbs. There are only 260 to 270 calories in any grilled chicken wrap, 90 of which are from fat. The small fry is made in a healthy canola-blend oil and comes in at 230 calories.
3. Olive Garden: Linguine alla Marinara
The dinner portion only has 430 calories and nine grams of fiber. Most pasta dishes at Olive Garden range anywhere from 750 to 1,450 calories, so this is a great pick.
4. Chili’s Grill & Bar: Guiltless Grill Classic Sirloin
This steak has just 370 calories, nine grams of fat, 53 grams of protein and six grams of fiber. Seasonal vegetables are served as a side, which add just 80 calories and three grams of fiber.
5. Burger King: Original Whopper Jr. and Kid’s Coke
Hold the mayo and this burger has just 260 calories, as opposed to 340, and 13 grams of protein. It even does well in terms of sodium, with only 460 milligrams. Opting for a kid’s coke cuts down a medium’s 290 calories to just 110.
6. Wendy’s: Large Chili and Garden Side Salad
The chili has about 370 calories, only 90 of which are from fat, as well as 22 grams of protein. Make sure to choose a fat-free dressing for the salad to go from 220 calories to 150.
7. Taco Bell: Beef Baja Gordita Fresco Style
This flatbread, filled with seasoned ground beef, weighs in at 250 calories and nine grams of fat. The Fresco Bean Burrito is another healthy choice with 350 calories and eight grams of fat.