- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
SGA Update: York Hill parking, shuttle systems on the docket
The Student Government Association has been working hard to enhance the quality of student life at Quinnipiac University. We take great pride in all that our community does well, and we recognize that there are areas that need improvement – especially as the University continues to grow.
Recently, the Student Leaders Advisory Committee met with President John Lahey and Dr. Manny Carreiro. The purpose of the meeting was twofold – to update them on all areas of student life and to discuss some agenda items that will benefit the student experience on the York Hill campus. The two agenda items included having direct shuttles from the York Hill campus to New Haven on weekend nights, and to permit seniors on the York Hill campus to park closer to the Westview and Townhouses. The president was receptive to both ideas and has charged University administrators to make this possible.
These two matters were brought to the Student Government’s attention via student initiative and communication. We were able to collaborate with administrators to enhance the York Hill student experience due to the increased e-mails we received from concerned students. I have said this before, and I will say it again – your voice is what powers this campus.
Please know that the Student Government Association is always here to advocate on your behalf. We represent your voice with the utmost respect and we take great pride in the quality of service that we bring to students. In short, we will always do our best to make your years at Quinnipiac some of the best years of your entire life.
Please feel free to voice any comments or concerns you may have to our Vice President of Student Concerns, Nicholas Rossetti, via e-mail. You are more than welcome to stop by the SGA Suite any time to come in and meet with one of your elected officials. Our doors are always open!
Live the Legend,