- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
Robert Morris ousts men’s soccer, 2-1
Northeast Conference opponent Robert Morris defeated Quinnipiac’s men’s soccer team, 2-1, Saturday at North Atlantic Complex in Moon Township, Pa. Just one season after reaching the NEC finals, Quinnipiac fell to 1-7-1 (1-2 NEC) while Robert Morris rose to 6-4-1 (2-0-1 NEC).
The Colonials caught the Bobcat defense off guard late in the first half when Tyler Solis received a through pass from Prince Samuels and banged it in off the far post.
QU responded early in the second half when senior forward Pierre Soubrier ripped a free kick that rebounded off the Robert Morris goalkeeper and senior forward Dwayne Mars put it home. This tied the game at 1 in the 54th minute.
But Robert Morris had the last laugh when it answered eight minutes later. David Torrance sent a hard cross to Samuels. Daniel Calabretta received a pass from Samuels and then put it past goalie George Ellis to give his team a 2-1 lead.
Ellis saved six of the Colonials’ eight shots, while Robert Morris goalkeeper Toba Bolaji saved five of QU’s six shots fired on goal.
Robert Morris had the ball in Quinnipiac’s half for the majority of the game. The Colonials took 14 total shots, 11 coming in the first half compared to QU’s game total of seven. They also received 11 corner kicks while the Bobcats scratched out just two.
QU visits Bryant Friday and hosts New Jersey Institute of Technology Sunday.