- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey rolls past Guelph in exhibition game
- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Iona, 3-1, in MAAC contest
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer dominant in win over Fairfield
- Quinnipiac field hockey defeats Georgetown in Big East battle
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer tops Central Connecticut State for second straight win
- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
- Students’ families displaced after Massachusetts fires on Thursday
Robert Morris ousts men’s soccer, 2-1
Northeast Conference opponent Robert Morris defeated Quinnipiac’s men’s soccer team, 2-1, Saturday at North Atlantic Complex in Moon Township, Pa. Just one season after reaching the NEC finals, Quinnipiac fell to 1-7-1 (1-2 NEC) while Robert Morris rose to 6-4-1 (2-0-1 NEC).
The Colonials caught the Bobcat defense off guard late in the first half when Tyler Solis received a through pass from Prince Samuels and banged it in off the far post.
QU responded early in the second half when senior forward Pierre Soubrier ripped a free kick that rebounded off the Robert Morris goalkeeper and senior forward Dwayne Mars put it home. This tied the game at 1 in the 54th minute.
But Robert Morris had the last laugh when it answered eight minutes later. David Torrance sent a hard cross to Samuels. Daniel Calabretta received a pass from Samuels and then put it past goalie George Ellis to give his team a 2-1 lead.
Ellis saved six of the Colonials’ eight shots, while Robert Morris goalkeeper Toba Bolaji saved five of QU’s six shots fired on goal.
Robert Morris had the ball in Quinnipiac’s half for the majority of the game. The Colonials took 14 total shots, 11 coming in the first half compared to QU’s game total of seven. They also received 11 corner kicks while the Bobcats scratched out just two.
QU visits Bryant Friday and hosts New Jersey Institute of Technology Sunday.