- Rugby looks to repeat as national champions with playoffs approaching
- Volleyball remains humble through newfound success
- Dean of School of Education dies at 51
- A second home in Hamden
- Men’s ice hockey takes 3-2 win over UMass despite power-play woes
- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac women’s hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
QU tennis teams fall against UConn
Quinnipiac’s women’s tennis team traveled to Storrs Wednesday and fell 5-2 to the UConn Huskies. The loss drops the Bobcats to 0-1 while the Huskies improve to 1-1.
Quinnipiac sophomore Sarah Viebrock and freshman Juliet Labarthe were both doubles winners on the afternoon. The duo defeated Alexa Gregory and Abby Mckeon, 8-3, and each won their singles matches as well.
The Bobcats travel to Dartmouth College on Friday as select players will participate in the ITA Northeast Regionals.
On the men’s side, a pair of wins from James Kwei wasn’t enough to help propel the Bobcats against their intrastate rival Connecticut. The Huskies edged the Bobcats by the count of 4-3.
The loss dropped the Bobcats to 0-1 while the Huskies improved to 3-0.
Along with Kwei, Andrew Weeden earned a singles victory while Chris Nelson and Brett Francis combined for an 8-5 win at No. 3 doubles.
With the Bobcats taking the doubles point, Wednesday’s match came down to the six singles matches. The Huskies prevailed in four of these which secured them the match victory.
The Bobcats return to action Oct. 29 when they take part in the Connecticut State Championships at Yale.