- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
- Women’s rugby team takes home second championship
- Women’s basketball’s upset bid against Michigan State falls short
- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
Late spark from Velaj leads women’s soccer to 1-0 win [Video]
Check out the game-winning goal from forward Furtuna Velaj:
Junior forward Furtuna Velaj snapped an 83-minute scoreless affair against Sacred Heart with a game-winning header in the final minutes, helping the women’s soccer team to a conference win at home on Friday.
A cross from midfielder Jillian Strassner set up Velaj’s heroics.
“By the end of the game we kept our composure and didn’t let the emotion of the game take over,” head coach Dave Clarke said. “We did leave it late, but there was always that chance that just one moment of magic from anyone of our talented players would change the outcome and I think it was a reward for the better team.”
Velaj’s goal was her sixth of the year, and pushed Quinnipiac to a 6-7-3 record (4-2-3 NEC).
Quinnipiac will finish their season at home on Sunday against Fairleigh Dickinson. A win would clinch a berth in the Northeast Conference Tournament.
Photo/video courtesy, QU Athletics