- Possible parking changes announced for 2017-2018 academic school year
- Recent New York legislature may impact Quinnipiac enrollment
- Power at the plate
- Chase Priskie named 2017-18 men’s ice hockey team captain at banquet
- Peter Kiss leaving Quinnipiac men’s basketball for Rutgers
- Quinnipiac splits doubleheader against Siena
- Baseball cruises to 13-1 victory over Saint Peter’s
- Rick Seeley court documents date abuse since 2009-2010
- SGA approves 2017-2018 budgets
- Quinnipiac to host 2019 Women’s Frozen Four
Late spark from Velaj leads women’s soccer to 1-0 win [Video]
Check out the game-winning goal from forward Furtuna Velaj:
Junior forward Furtuna Velaj snapped an 83-minute scoreless affair against Sacred Heart with a game-winning header in the final minutes, helping the women’s soccer team to a conference win at home on Friday.
A cross from midfielder Jillian Strassner set up Velaj’s heroics.
“By the end of the game we kept our composure and didn’t let the emotion of the game take over,” head coach Dave Clarke said. “We did leave it late, but there was always that chance that just one moment of magic from anyone of our talented players would change the outcome and I think it was a reward for the better team.”
Velaj’s goal was her sixth of the year, and pushed Quinnipiac to a 6-7-3 record (4-2-3 NEC).
Quinnipiac will finish their season at home on Sunday against Fairleigh Dickinson. A win would clinch a berth in the Northeast Conference Tournament.
Photo/video courtesy, QU Athletics