- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Holy Cross downs volleyball in straight sets
The Bobcats lost by set scores of 25-18, 25-23 and 25-19.
Quinnipiac junior setter Kayla Lawler and freshman middle hitter Olivia Grattan improved their numbers from the first matchup against Holy Cross and the last. Lawler added three more assists, while Grattan increased her kills count by two.
After losing the first set, the Bobcats had a chance to make a comeback. From the beginning of the second set, the Crusaders had strong competition when the Bobcats answered each point scored. Holy Cross pulled ahead by two, but Quinnipiac scored four points to give them the lead for the first time in the set. The two teams continued to battle for the lead down to the last point. Tied at 23, the Crusaders scored the last two points to win the set.
Down two sets with one to go, the Bobcats had little hope of a come-from-behind victory. Holy Cross setter Christina Blakeslee ended the match on a kill.
The Bobcats travel to New York on Saturday to take on St. Francis at 1 p.m.