- No. 3/3 Quinnipiac women’s hockey loses 4-1 to No. 6/7 Boston College
- Women’s ice hockey prepares for weekend against No. 6 Boston College
- Men’s ice hockey dominates UConn 5-2
- Bobcats hold off Siena to maintain the top spot in the MAAC
- A perfect pair
- Student Media teams up against domestic violence
- The Clery Act
- University set to release new website
- Volleyball closes out home stand with win over Siena
- Putting the university to the test
Women’s tennis takes top two flights at Sacred Heart Invitational
After a disappointing end to last year’s season, the women’s tennis team started off the season in strong fashion Saturday. The duos of Rachel Cantor and Adrienne Markison and Juliet Labarthe and Sarah Viebrock won the top two flights of the Sacred Heart Doubles Invitational.
Cantor and Markison won their flight by going undefeated in round robin play against Sacred Heart University, University of Connecticut, and University of Hartford. They beat Sacred Heart for a second time in the semifinals before taking down Providence College in the finals.
Labarthe and Viebrock also went undefeated in round robin play, beating Bryant University, Sacred Heart, and UConn, before winning against Providence and Sacred Heart in the semifinals and finals, respectively.
In addition, Lisanne Steinert, Lavinia Cristescu, and Erin Suvar took part in the third singles flight. Steiner and Cristescu were able to defeat Providence 8-6, but fell short against Fairfield University 8-7 (5). Steinert then paired up with Suvar, shutting down Hartford 8-0, but losing to Bryant 8-3.
The Bobcats return home Friday as they play host to the Quinnipiac Invitational.