- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
Volleyball drops 2, wins 1 in Lafayette Tourney
The Quinnipiac volleyball team lost two out of three matches in this weekend’s Lafayette Tournament at the Allan P. Kirby Sports Center in Easton, Pa.
The Bobcats’ lone victory came against Lafayette Saturday morning, with a set score of 3-0. Quinnipiac sophomore Logan Riker led the match with 17 digs, followed by Lafayette’s MacKenzie Larsen with 13. Bobcat junior Kayla Lawler collected 28 assists, 16 more than anyone else on the court.
In Friday’s match, the Bobcats forced a fifth set, but Delaware State pulled out a 3-2 victory. Lawler led with 44 assists. Riker had a team-high of 24 digs for the Bobcats. Kelby Carey had 13 kills and 10 digs, followed by Amanda Armstrong with 11 kills and Stephanie Biediger with nine kills and 10 digs. Delaware’s Elisa Hermann posted a match-high 17 kills while Sonja Banicevic had a match-high 30 kills, leading both teams.
Quinnipiac lost its last game of the tournament to La Salle, 3-2. La Salle’s Samantha Tulskie led the match with 21 kills and added 13 digs, followed by Biediger with a career-high 16 kills and 17 digs. La Salle’s Breanna Mazalewski had a match-high 28 digs, followed by Riker’s 25, matching her career-high.
The Bobcats return home Wednesday at 7 p.m. in Burt Kahn Court to face Providence.