- Men’s lacrosse advances in first ever NCAA tournament game
- Men’s lacrosse wins MAAC Championship
- Op-Ed: Inequality for women’s sports must be addressed
- Spring Sports Awards
- Tennis triumphs
- Quinnipiac baseball drops two games against Monmouth on Saturday
- Men’s lacrosse finishes regular season with undefeated conference record
- Softball shuts out Sacred Heart in win
- Fetty finally came our way
- Baseball defeats Massachusetts 7-0
Volleyball drops 2, wins 1 in Lafayette Tourney
The Quinnipiac volleyball team lost two out of three matches in this weekend’s Lafayette Tournament at the Allan P. Kirby Sports Center in Easton, Pa.
The Bobcats’ lone victory came against Lafayette Saturday morning, with a set score of 3-0. Quinnipiac sophomore Logan Riker led the match with 17 digs, followed by Lafayette’s MacKenzie Larsen with 13. Bobcat junior Kayla Lawler collected 28 assists, 16 more than anyone else on the court.
In Friday’s match, the Bobcats forced a fifth set, but Delaware State pulled out a 3-2 victory. Lawler led with 44 assists. Riker had a team-high of 24 digs for the Bobcats. Kelby Carey had 13 kills and 10 digs, followed by Amanda Armstrong with 11 kills and Stephanie Biediger with nine kills and 10 digs. Delaware’s Elisa Hermann posted a match-high 17 kills while Sonja Banicevic had a match-high 30 kills, leading both teams.
Quinnipiac lost its last game of the tournament to La Salle, 3-2. La Salle’s Samantha Tulskie led the match with 21 kills and added 13 digs, followed by Biediger with a career-high 16 kills and 17 digs. La Salle’s Breanna Mazalewski had a match-high 28 digs, followed by Riker’s 25, matching her career-high.
The Bobcats return home Wednesday at 7 p.m. in Burt Kahn Court to face Providence.