- Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling drops season-opener to Baylor
- Men’s ice hockey celebrates senior night with 4-1 win
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey loses at Yale, 2-0
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls in double overtime at Fairfield
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse upsets No. 17 Brown in overtime
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey loses to Union at home, 5-2
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball squeaks past Manhattan, 71-70
- Fabbri’s 400
- Lahey’s lasting legacy
- Chaise to 1,000
Volleyball coughs up 2-0 lead to Bryant
An early 2-0 set lead wasn’t enough for the Bobcats volleyball team Sunday, dropping their Northeast Conference opener to Bryant, 3-2.
The Bobcats won the opening two sets of the match 34-32, 27-25. Both sets were won in extra points. The Bulldogs rallied, though, taking the final three sets to win the match, 25-20, 25-19, 16-14.
Two consecutive points from the Bobcats tied the score at 14 in the fifth set. The Bulldogs answered with two points of their own, capped off by a match-winning kill from Jadith Lorenzo.
Freshman Kaitlyn Klein contributed 18 kills for the Bulldogs. Lorenzo and Robyn Gardner also contributed to Bryant’s win with 52 assists and 36 digs, respectively.
Leading the way for the Bobcats was Olivia Grattan, who had 17 kills, a career high. Kayla Lawler also contributed a career-high 61 assists for the Bobcats.
With the win, Bryant improved to 13-6 on the year (1-1 NEC). The Bobcats fell to 2-12 (0-1 NEC). Quinnipiac will return to action Wednesday when they travel to conference-rival Sacred Heart in Fairfield, Conn. The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m.
Photo credit: Amanda Shulman