- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
- Students’ families displaced after Massachusetts fires on Thursday
- Poppin’ fall films
- Serena’s struggle with sexism
- Local Hot Spot: Roost
- AJR burned Fall Fest down
- Flint takes the stage
Late penalty kick lifts Boston College over Bobcats, 1-0 [Video]
Eighty-nine minutes of shutout soccer wasn’t enough for the Quinnipiac men’s team to come out unscathed against No. 12 Boston College.
Deadlocked until the final moments of the game, Eagles midfielder Conor Fitzpatrick capitalized on an 89th-minute penalty kick to lift Boston College to a 1-0 victory.
In his first regular-season start, sophomore goalie George Ellis held off four shots on goal. But with time winding down, a ball got behind him — forcing defender Pierre Soubrier to swat the ball with his hands before it reached the goal line. Soubrier drew a red card, leading to Fitzpatrick’s game-winning penalty shot.
Soubrier and Fabricio Silva had the only shots on goal for the Bobcats, who will take to the pitch on Tuesday in West Hartford against Hartford University.
Video shot and produced by Joe Pelletier; photos taken by Matt Eisenberg and Amanda Shulman.