- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Robyn’s techno hits addicting
Dance to the beat of Robyn!
Earlier this month, Swedish pop singer and songwriter Robyn released “Body Talk Pt 2,” which contains a variety of beats and lyrics that are difficult to forget and easy to dance to.
“Body Talk Part 2” reached number eight on iTunes as the second album of her three part “Body Talk” series. The electronic techno rhythms that almost every song expresses, along with their catchy and more than satisfying choruses, could make a night at Toad’s a great one.
You may have heard Robyn’s hit from the mid-90s, “Show Me Love.” And since 2005, she has been trickling back into the pop scene. Most recently, she has hit the ground running with this three-part series.
In “Body Talk Part 1,” the first single, “Dancing on My Own,” is a complete adrenaline rush when heard live, and is a recognizable hit. “Hang with Me,” the single for “Body Talk Pt. 2,” is a fun jam that shows Robyn’s desire to be with somebody, perhaps in a more casual manner.
Like most of Robyn’s albums, she expresses her frustrations with what seems like years of lust, love and heartbreak through a diverse stream of electronic-pop tempos matched with some Swedish-influenced sounds. This is most notable in “Love Kills” and the explicit track on the album, “U Should Know Better” featuring Snoop Dogg.
This album is worth a listen or two, and a definite satisfaction guarantee for your $7.99. Keep an eye out for the final album of the series which will be dropping this December. Robyn fans may also like Florence + The Machine, La Roux and Marina and The Diamonds.