- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Labarthe defeated in women’s tennis finals
Freshman Juliet Labarthe moved on to the Flight C Singles final on Saturday at the West Point Eastern Tennis Invitational before losing to Amherst’s Gabby Devlin on Sunday.
Devlin defeated Labarthe 7-5, 6-4. Friday’s competition brought Labarthe a victory against Sacred Heart’s Kate Donnelly in B Singles, with scores of 6-2 and 6-3. On Saturday, Labarthe defeated Marist’s Maria Yurgel 6-2, 6-1 in the quarterfinals before moving on to defeat Pittsburgh’s Jocelyn Lu in semifinals, qualifying her for the championship match against Devlin.
Three other Bobcats also moved on to the quarterfinals on Saturday. During Friday’s matches, Adrienne Markison defeated Army’s Jessica Ahn 6-0, 7-5 in A Singles. On Saturday, Markison lost in the A singles quarterfinal to Hofstra’s Elena Ivanova 6-2, 6-1, before defeating Army’s Emily Stein in the Duty Singles Alpha quarterfinals. But Amherst’s Laura Danzig overcame Markison in the semifinals, 8-4.
The doubles team of Lavinia Cristescu and Lisanne Steinert defeated St. Bonaventure’s doubles of Riley Archer and Meredith Haggerty on Friday. After advancing to B doubles semifinals with a win over Farleigh Dickinson’s Irina Dementyeva and Dzana Ferhatbegaovic before being defeated by Stony Brook’s Fanny Charliquart and Gayatri Krishnan, 8-3.
Labarthe and Markison were the only Bobcats to advance to championship play on Sunday.
The Bobcats return to play on Oct. 20 for the Eastern Collegiates.