- Quinnipiac men’s soccer falls in MAAC Championship to Rider, 1-0
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey loses 5-1 to Union
- No. 9 Villanova handles Quinnipiac men’s basketball, 86-53
- Quinnipiac rugby defeats Notre Dame College 46-5 on Senior Day, moves onto NIRA semifinals
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey shuts out RPI, 3-0
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer prevails in shootout vs. Marist, advances to MAAC Championship
- Hell comes to Quinnipiac
- Social Media IRL
- Best week to eat
- The 90’s never felt so modern
Labarthe defeated in women’s tennis finals
Freshman Juliet Labarthe moved on to the Flight C Singles final on Saturday at the West Point Eastern Tennis Invitational before losing to Amherst’s Gabby Devlin on Sunday.
Devlin defeated Labarthe 7-5, 6-4. Friday’s competition brought Labarthe a victory against Sacred Heart’s Kate Donnelly in B Singles, with scores of 6-2 and 6-3. On Saturday, Labarthe defeated Marist’s Maria Yurgel 6-2, 6-1 in the quarterfinals before moving on to defeat Pittsburgh’s Jocelyn Lu in semifinals, qualifying her for the championship match against Devlin.
Three other Bobcats also moved on to the quarterfinals on Saturday. During Friday’s matches, Adrienne Markison defeated Army’s Jessica Ahn 6-0, 7-5 in A Singles. On Saturday, Markison lost in the A singles quarterfinal to Hofstra’s Elena Ivanova 6-2, 6-1, before defeating Army’s Emily Stein in the Duty Singles Alpha quarterfinals. But Amherst’s Laura Danzig overcame Markison in the semifinals, 8-4.
The doubles team of Lavinia Cristescu and Lisanne Steinert defeated St. Bonaventure’s doubles of Riley Archer and Meredith Haggerty on Friday. After advancing to B doubles semifinals with a win over Farleigh Dickinson’s Irina Dementyeva and Dzana Ferhatbegaovic before being defeated by Stony Brook’s Fanny Charliquart and Gayatri Krishnan, 8-3.
Labarthe and Markison were the only Bobcats to advance to championship play on Sunday.
The Bobcats return to play on Oct. 20 for the Eastern Collegiates.