- Keeping Jax’s memory alive
- University initiates three personnel changes
- Quinnipiac unveils new brand identity
- Quinnipiac’s Chase Priskie Selected 177th overall in 6th Round of NHL Draft by Washington Capitals
- Men’s ice hockey’s Chase Priskie improving amidst NHL draft eligibility
- Men’s lacrosse advances in first ever NCAA tournament game
- Men’s lacrosse wins MAAC Championship
- Op-Ed: Inequality for women’s sports must be addressed
- Spring Sports Awards
- Tennis triumphs
Burns talks first ladies on CNN [Video]
Dr. Lisa Burns, an associate professor of media studies, appeared on CNN on Sept. 18 to discuss a report in which Michelle Obama allegedly described life in the White House as “hell.”
“It really can be a suffocating position,” Burns said.
She discussed a history of first lady demeanors, including Martha Washington’s idea that being the first lady was not unlike being a “state prisoner,” and Bess Truman’s ship-christening situation.
Below is the video.