- Anything but ‘silence’
- Travel adventures
- QU to consider restructuring UC requirements
- Freshman starts African Students Association
- Men’s ice hockey preps for NCAA Tournament
- Women’s basketball readies for second NCAA Tournament
- Braving the shave
- Union downs men’s ice hockey to force Game 3
- Women’s ice hockey readies for NCAA Tournament
- Judge denies former TKE member’s injunction
Burns talks first ladies on CNN [Video]
Dr. Lisa Burns, an associate professor of media studies, appeared on CNN on Sept. 18 to discuss a report in which Michelle Obama allegedly described life in the White House as “hell.”
“It really can be a suffocating position,” Burns said.
She discussed a history of first lady demeanors, including Martha Washington’s idea that being the first lady was not unlike being a “state prisoner,” and Bess Truman’s ship-christening situation.
Below is the video.