- Matt King joins men’s ice hockey as walk-on goaltender
- In his mother’s memory
- Current Craze
- Living the Legend
- Panel of professors explain human rights for minorities
- Accommodating everyday struggles
- Students become finalists in NESN’s ‘Next Producer Contest’
- Students crowd portal for tickets to Yale game
- Putting the ‘UNIVERSITY’ in Quinnipiac
- No. 3 Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling falls to No. 2 Oregon
Burns talks first ladies on CNN [Video]
Dr. Lisa Burns, an associate professor of media studies, appeared on CNN on Sept. 18 to discuss a report in which Michelle Obama allegedly described life in the White House as “hell.”
“It really can be a suffocating position,” Burns said.
She discussed a history of first lady demeanors, including Martha Washington’s idea that being the first lady was not unlike being a “state prisoner,” and Bess Truman’s ship-christening situation.
Below is the video.