- University to request to build 300 beds
- McDonald to serve as UNE director of athletics
- Students to lose Internet for part of finals weekend
- Speaking up for the misrepresented
- Professors, students find course evaluations helpful
- Grilling for a good cause
- Evan Conti signs with professional agent
- More than your average intern
- Amp up your closet with apps
- Wherever WiGo, Lahey Goes
Burns talks first ladies on CNN [Video]
Dr. Lisa Burns, an associate professor of media studies, appeared on CNN on Sept. 18 to discuss a report in which Michelle Obama allegedly described life in the White House as “hell.”
“It really can be a suffocating position,” Burns said.
She discussed a history of first lady demeanors, including Martha Washington’s idea that being the first lady was not unlike being a “state prisoner,” and Bess Truman’s ship-christening situation.
Below is the video.