- United We Stand
- University holds infectious disease training
- Tricks and treats: 5 easy recipes for Halloween
- Greatness on the green
- Ebola not likely to reach the university
- Medical director: Ebola protocol in place
- Uber taxi banned on campus
- Women’s ice hockey downs Maine
- Quinnipiac Athletics Hall of Fame inducts Class of 2014
- University to promote online safety
Burns talks first ladies on CNN [Video]
Dr. Lisa Burns, an associate professor of media studies, appeared on CNN on Sept. 18 to discuss a report in which Michelle Obama allegedly described life in the White House as “hell.”
“It really can be a suffocating position,” Burns said.
She discussed a history of first lady demeanors, including Martha Washington’s idea that being the first lady was not unlike being a “state prisoner,” and Bess Truman’s ship-christening situation.
Below is the video.