- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
- Women’s rugby team takes home second championship
- Women’s basketball’s upset bid against Michigan State falls short
- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
Commencement 2010: Lift off!
On a sunny Sunday in Hamden, Bill Nye told Quinnipiac graduates to “change the world,” and thousands gathered at Quinnipiac University’s Mount Carmel campus to wish well the Class of 2010. Check out @QUChronicle for a recap of the ceremony, and stay with QUChronicle.com for full coverage.
To see a recording of the ceremony, click here.
Also, check out the full text of Nye’s commencement speech below.
President John Lahey to Class of 2010: “What can I say, you’re simply the best.”
Lahey: “Remember the advice of Winston Churchill…Never give up, never give up.”
Bill Nye: “We can’t just do less. We have to find ways to do more with less. That’s the key to our–your future.”
Nye: “Everyone you ever meet knows something that you don’t.”
Nye: “Vote. You have to vote. If people don’t vote, the least they can do for the rest of us is shut up.”
Graduate Shana Bennett (former BSU president): “Hold firmly to that flame within. Never be fearful of the power that rests within you.”
Nye’s Commencement Speech: