- Quinnipiac splits doubleheader against Siena
- Baseball cruises to 13-1 victory over Saint Peter’s
- Rick Seeley court documents date abuse since 2009-2010
- SGA approves 2017-2018 budgets
- Quinnipiac to host 2019 Women’s Frozen Four
- Rand Pecknold named U.S. Men’s National Team assistant coach
- Allison Kuhn balances Quinnipiac women’s lacrosse schedule with SGA role
- Kei Ezaka sets Quinnipiac men’s tennis wins record
- Mediate your media
- The cool ‘Aunt’
SGA Briefs – 4/14
The Student Government Association
met on April 14, 2010.
-The application review process for the Diversity Chair position has started. There are over 40 applications, and SGA members are helping out in the process.
-The Election Committee has finished reviewing election procedures, and the Student Awareness Committee has been reviewing the SGA constitution.
-Tickets to TD Bank Sports Center events will not be sold in the new Rocky Top student center for the 2010-11 school year.
-The SPB executive board has been selected for the 2010-11 school year.
-The PR committee is reviewing the organization chartering process for the coming school year.
-The cord regalia for the commencement ceremony has been discussed.
-A student speaker for the ceremony has not yet been determined.
-Nothing new was discussed.
-The class cabinet has been working to set up its proposed shuttle line system, and is producing a student survey regarding the shuttle system and students’ opinions.
-The class cabinet hopes to meet with QU Security to discuss pertinent safety issues for the coming school year.
-The class cabinet is working with the administration regarding the possibility of students withdrawing cash from their Q-cash accounts.
-The class cabinet has also discussed the possibility of a new payment system on Blackboard, called “BB-Pay.”
-SGA voted on part of next year’s budget for SGA-chartered organizations and SGA itself. The total budget is $457,000.
For the budget breakdown by organization, see quchronicle.com.