- Quinnipiac volleyball staff fired after 9-21 season
- Murphy’s Law: What the Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey team should be thankful for
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball drops home opener to Hartford, 68-54
- BREAKING: Finance chair Thomas Coe confronted by anti-child abuse activist, on leave from the university
- An Election Reflection
- Nation to Campus: Subjectivity and the Constitution
- Wasteful ways
- Students struggles at the polls
- So long, Rick Grimes?
- Will Part Time get the recognition they deserve?
SGA Briefs – 4/14
The Student Government Association
met on April 14, 2010.
-The application review process for the Diversity Chair position has started. There are over 40 applications, and SGA members are helping out in the process.
-The Election Committee has finished reviewing election procedures, and the Student Awareness Committee has been reviewing the SGA constitution.
-Tickets to TD Bank Sports Center events will not be sold in the new Rocky Top student center for the 2010-11 school year.
-The SPB executive board has been selected for the 2010-11 school year.
-The PR committee is reviewing the organization chartering process for the coming school year.
-The cord regalia for the commencement ceremony has been discussed.
-A student speaker for the ceremony has not yet been determined.
-Nothing new was discussed.
-The class cabinet has been working to set up its proposed shuttle line system, and is producing a student survey regarding the shuttle system and students’ opinions.
-The class cabinet hopes to meet with QU Security to discuss pertinent safety issues for the coming school year.
-The class cabinet is working with the administration regarding the possibility of students withdrawing cash from their Q-cash accounts.
-The class cabinet has also discussed the possibility of a new payment system on Blackboard, called “BB-Pay.”
-SGA voted on part of next year’s budget for SGA-chartered organizations and SGA itself. The total budget is $457,000.
For the budget breakdown by organization, see quchronicle.com.