- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
- International students celebrate Thanksgiving
- New university website aimed at prospective students
- SGA pushes for new desks in Tator Hall
SGA Briefs – 4/14
The Student Government Association
met on April 14, 2010.
-The application review process for the Diversity Chair position has started. There are over 40 applications, and SGA members are helping out in the process.
-The Election Committee has finished reviewing election procedures, and the Student Awareness Committee has been reviewing the SGA constitution.
-Tickets to TD Bank Sports Center events will not be sold in the new Rocky Top student center for the 2010-11 school year.
-The SPB executive board has been selected for the 2010-11 school year.
-The PR committee is reviewing the organization chartering process for the coming school year.
-The cord regalia for the commencement ceremony has been discussed.
-A student speaker for the ceremony has not yet been determined.
-Nothing new was discussed.
-The class cabinet has been working to set up its proposed shuttle line system, and is producing a student survey regarding the shuttle system and students’ opinions.
-The class cabinet hopes to meet with QU Security to discuss pertinent safety issues for the coming school year.
-The class cabinet is working with the administration regarding the possibility of students withdrawing cash from their Q-cash accounts.
-The class cabinet has also discussed the possibility of a new payment system on Blackboard, called “BB-Pay.”
-SGA voted on part of next year’s budget for SGA-chartered organizations and SGA itself. The total budget is $457,000.
For the budget breakdown by organization, see quchronicle.com.