- Quinnipiac University suspends men’s lacrosse team
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey rolls past Guelph in exhibition game
- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Iona, 3-1, in MAAC contest
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer dominant in win over Fairfield
- Quinnipiac field hockey defeats Georgetown in Big East battle
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer tops Central Connecticut State for second straight win
- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
Skidmore reinstated as VP of Programming candidate
- Allison Skidmore was originally taken off the ballot Monday. To read the original story, click here.
Allison Skidmore was reinstated as a candidate for SGA’s vice president of programming position as of this morning, Election Committee Chair Victoria Stankus said in an e-mail.
According to Stankus, “additional information and details” forced the committee to re-evaluate Skidmore’s candidacy.
“After the 2010 Student Government Association elections, the Election Committee will be revising and reworking the current election policy so as to prevent future situations such as this,” Stankus said. “As per SGA policy, any revision or changes will be brought to the entire general board prior to being adopted.”
“I’m just happy to be back on the ballot and running again,” Skidmore told The Chronicle this morning.
Below is the original text of the e-mail, received at 9:56 a.m.:
After our Election Committee meeting this morning, we have decided to make you aware of some changes that we have made in our decision regarding Allison Skidmore’s candidacy.
At 2:30 PM yesterday we carefully evaluated and discussed the information available to us at that time. However, after our decision was rendered, the Election Committee was made aware of additional information and details that called for a re-evaluation of her candidacy.
This morning at 9:30 the Election Committee decided to reinstate Allison Skidmore’s candidacy. This decision was made after much deliberation and consideration of the election policy and what is in the best interest of the student body.
After the 2010 Student Government Association elections, the Election Committee will be revising and reworking the current election policy so as to prevent future situations such as this. As per SGA policy, any revision or changes will be brought to the entire general board prior to being adopted.
Thank you for your cooperation,
The Election Committee of the Student Government Association