- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
- Freshman reflect, Seniors say goodbye
- Wawa Craze
- The beginning of the end
- One Album, Three Meanings
- May the weekend go on
Hokies bounce Bobcats out of NIT
Quinnipiac men’s basketball head coach Tom Moore hoped he’d catch a flat Virginia Tech team tonight in the first round of the National Invitation Tournament, but the top-seeded Hokies took care of business with an 81-61 victory at the Cassell Coliseum in Blacksburg, Va.
“I was very impressed with Virginia Tech’s energy level tonight from the beginning of the game,” Quinnipiac head coach Tom Moore said. “The way they played tonight was a testament to how great of a job coach that Seth Greenberg has done here.”
Tech’s defense held the Bobcats to 38.1 percent shooting and only 14 baskets sans Justin Rutty.
Rutty led the Bobcats with 22 points on 10-for-13 shooting and seven boards. Sophomore guard James Johnson was the only other Bobcat in double-figures with 17 points.
Quinnipiac’s leading scorer this season, James Feldeine, was held scoreless in 24 minutes of action.