- Men’s basketball drops Senior Day game to Rider
- Men’s ice hockey beats Brown on Senior Night
- Women’s basketball clinches top seed in MAAC Tournament with Senior Day win
- Quinnipiac completes season sweep over rival Yale with Heroes Hat win
- Quinnipiac set to take on rival Yale
- Matt King joins men’s ice hockey as walk-on goaltender
- In his mother’s memory
- Current Craze
- Living the Legend
- Panel of professors explain human rights for minorities
Bill Nye (the ‘Science Guy’) revealed as commencement speaker
Student Government’s Class of 2010 cabinet revealed Thursday morning that Bill Nye, most famous for his television program “Bill Nye the Science Guy,” will be the speaker at this year’s commencement ceremony. The ceremony will be held on Sunday, May 16 on the Quad.
Nye, a Cornell University graduate, hosted “Bill Nye the Science Guy” from 1993 to 1997 on PBS and in syndication. Since then, he’s appeared on a number of game shows and television programs, both as his persona of “The Science Guy” and himself, most recently serving as the “expert” lifeline on “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.”
The cabinet greeted students on the walkway alongside North Lot, providing coffee, assorted foods, and the ceremony tidbit.
Last year’s commencement speaker was William C. Weldon ’71, the current chief executive officer of Johnson & Johnson and a member of the University’s Board of Trustees.
For the intro to his famous TV show, see below…