- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
Bill Nye (the ‘Science Guy’) revealed as commencement speaker
Student Government’s Class of 2010 cabinet revealed Thursday morning that Bill Nye, most famous for his television program “Bill Nye the Science Guy,” will be the speaker at this year’s commencement ceremony. The ceremony will be held on Sunday, May 16 on the Quad.
Nye, a Cornell University graduate, hosted “Bill Nye the Science Guy” from 1993 to 1997 on PBS and in syndication. Since then, he’s appeared on a number of game shows and television programs, both as his persona of “The Science Guy” and himself, most recently serving as the “expert” lifeline on “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.”
The cabinet greeted students on the walkway alongside North Lot, providing coffee, assorted foods, and the ceremony tidbit.
Last year’s commencement speaker was William C. Weldon ’71, the current chief executive officer of Johnson & Johnson and a member of the University’s Board of Trustees.
For the intro to his famous TV show, see below…