- Quinnipiac splits doubleheader against Siena
- Baseball cruises to 13-1 victory over Saint Peter’s
- Rick Seeley court documents date abuse since 2009-2010
- SGA approves 2017-2018 budgets
- Quinnipiac to host 2019 Women’s Frozen Four
- Rand Pecknold named U.S. Men’s National Team assistant coach
- Allison Kuhn balances Quinnipiac women’s lacrosse schedule with SGA role
- Kei Ezaka sets Quinnipiac men’s tennis wins record
- Mediate your media
- The cool ‘Aunt’
The Student Government Association convened on Feb. 17.
– The Presidents and Vice Presidents Committee met last Thursday on the North Haven Campus for its first “Meet and Greet” as a way to reach out to health science students.
– The Student Leader Advisory Committee will be meeting with President John Lahey on March 1.
Admitted Students Day will be held March 27-28.
– The Freshman Class Cabinet and Student Awareness Committee are working together to get a camera implemented on the Quad.
– The Programming Committee will hold a post-game barbecue after the men’s lacrosse game against Bellarmine on April 24. Lacrosse shirts will be sold starting March 27 for the men’s lacrosse game against Ohio State. The benefits will go to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.
– The committee is in the process of contacting other schools in Connecticut to plan next year’s Connecticut Conference.
– Unveiling of “The Book of the Legend,” a book which will be signed by all incoming freshmen during orientation, effective summer 2010. The book will be displayed in the library.
2010: Coffee for Commencing Commuters will be held on March 18 (rain date March 19). The commencement speaker for the Class of 2010 will also be announced.
2011: Class cabinet members went dormstorming last week to collect various students concerns involving next year’s commencement speaker and the type of class event to be held.
2012: Discussed plans of holding a social specifically for those without roommates for next year.
2013: Discussed class event, which could be a possible “freshman field day.”
Finance/February Special Appeals:
– Before the appeals process, SGA had $4,500 available to allocate to student organizations appealing for funds.
– Alpha Phi Omega received $389.
– Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Inc. received $500.
– QU Future Teachers Organization received $69.
– SGA has $3,542 left over, which will be carried over into March Special Appeals.