- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey falls to No. 1 UMass 3-1, head into break with a 14-3-0 record
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves to .500 with win over Lafayette
- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey upsets No. 1 UMass, 4-0
- Cramped cramming
- Dr. Bethany Zemba appointed as vice president and chief of staff
- Pro-life feminism: a candid conversation
- Phi Gamma Delta fundraises money for victims of California wildfires
- Former Quinnipiac President John Lahey awarded for service to Ireland
- Triumph out of tragedy
- MEMEingful past
Seven ways to share Valentine’s Day weekend with your boo
Dine in New Haven- Take this weekend to spend a night out on the town in New Haven. If you’re in the mood for Italian, try L’Orcio’s romantic setting. Le Petit Café is perfect for French cuisine – check their Web site to view the Valentine’s Day weekend menu.
Give Candy- Everyone loves candy, so give your honey something sweet. You can go online and have the M&M’s candy have a special message written on it. Also, check out Hamden’s local candy shop, More Than Nuts.
Go to the Movies- There are two romantic movies out in theaters this weekend: Nicholas Spark’s wartime tearjerker “Dear John” or the ensemble romantic comedy “Valentine’s Day,” which stars over 10 major actors and actresses.
Dine in Hamden- Try Luce or Taste, both located on Whitney Avenue, for a guaranteed fun, romantic night. Remember that everyone is making plans this weekend, so make reservations as soon as possible to make sure you get a seating.
Go Bowling- Nobody said that you have to take the cliché route of going to dinner and a movie. Trying something fun together will create a lasting memory.
Stay In- If staying in is more your thing, then rent a movie and order in. Chinese food or pizza can be as cozy and romantic as you want. Some popular chick-flick rentals are “Titanic,” “The Notebook,” “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” and “Tristan & Isolde.”
Cook – It’s been proven that the way into someone’s heart is usually through good food. Anything from cooking a three-course meal to baking tasty treats and sweets will show your valentine how much you care.