- Men’s soccer drops MAAC opener in OT
- Community protests after controversial Snapchat photo
- ‘Lo’ and Behold
- Field hockey sisters bring Spanish influence to the team
- Student facing disciplinary action for posting racist Snapchat photo
- University hires former New Haven Police Chief
- Watch your words
- Old fashion isn’t overrated
- Is change always for the better?
- Men’s soccer shuts out Yale
Competitive cheer takes sixth at Cheersport Nationals
The Quinnipiac Competitive Cheer team finished sixth out of twelve teams during this weekend’s Cheersport Nationals in Atlanta, Ga.
The Bobcats improved one ranking in the final day of competition and finished with a total score of 804.7 out of 900 possible points.
The team’s biggest improvement was in the running tumbling segment, where they earned mid-sevens on the sequence in the final day of competition. The team took advantage of the standing tumbling segment on the final day, where they earned 9.5s across the board.
The one constant this weekend for the Bobcats was in the pyramid segment, where they scored 19.5 out of 20 points. The Bobcats struggled mostly in the partner stunt segment, where they received most of their point deductions due to bobbles.
The Bobcats jumped ahead of East Carolina on the final day, who fell to seventh place with a total of 801 points. The Bobcats finished behind Maryland, Oregon, Fairmont State, North Carolina, and Louisville.
The Bobcats will travel to Nonnewaug High School on Saturday, Feb. 13. They will compete against Central Connecticut State, Westfield State, Western Connecticut State and Eastern Connecticut State, which is scheduled to start at 11 p.m.
Photo courtesy of QuinnipiacBobcats.com