- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Competitive cheer takes sixth at Cheersport Nationals
The Quinnipiac Competitive Cheer team finished sixth out of twelve teams during this weekend’s Cheersport Nationals in Atlanta, Ga.
The Bobcats improved one ranking in the final day of competition and finished with a total score of 804.7 out of 900 possible points.
The team’s biggest improvement was in the running tumbling segment, where they earned mid-sevens on the sequence in the final day of competition. The team took advantage of the standing tumbling segment on the final day, where they earned 9.5s across the board.
The one constant this weekend for the Bobcats was in the pyramid segment, where they scored 19.5 out of 20 points. The Bobcats struggled mostly in the partner stunt segment, where they received most of their point deductions due to bobbles.
The Bobcats jumped ahead of East Carolina on the final day, who fell to seventh place with a total of 801 points. The Bobcats finished behind Maryland, Oregon, Fairmont State, North Carolina, and Louisville.
The Bobcats will travel to Nonnewaug High School on Saturday, Feb. 13. They will compete against Central Connecticut State, Westfield State, Western Connecticut State and Eastern Connecticut State, which is scheduled to start at 11 p.m.
Photo courtesy of QuinnipiacBobcats.com