- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Freshman arrested on marijuana charges
Freshman Peter Moran, 18, was arrested on on Friday, Feb. 19 with 58.4 grams of marijuana allegedly in his possession. The street value, according to Hamden Police, was $1,160.
According to Associate Vice President for Public Relations John Morgan, Moran has been “suspended from the university pending the outcome of his disciplinary hearing.”
Moran, from Parlin, N.J., was released with a written promise to appear in court, and charged with possession of marijuana, possession of marijuana with intent to sell, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Hamden Police were called to the scene at 2:30 p.m. after Quinnipiac security detained Moran.
Moran will appear in Meriden Superior Court on March 9.
Stay with QUChronicle.com for updates on this breaking story.