- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
- International students celebrate Thanksgiving
- New university website aimed at prospective students
- SGA pushes for new desks in Tator Hall
SGA Briefs – 12/9/09
By The QU Chronicle on January 19, 2010
The Quinnipiac Student Government Association held its 13th meeting of the year on Dec. 9, 2009.
- The College Group at QU is brainstorming for its orientation.
- The Sustainability Interest Group will hold an Earth Day event in Alumni Hall. All interested in helping can contact Andrew McDermott.
- SGA Representative Tobin will meet with a Chartwells representative regarding food stations, renovations and meal plans.
- The Director of Multicultural Affairs position is still open, which SGA hopes to fill by the fall of 2010.
- A treasurer’s round table is set for February.
- Twenty-eight possible sites have been confirmed for the planned QU Big Event. SGA is working to confirm 56 possible sites by a later date.
- The class cabinet is brainstorming initiatives to help implement the Safe Ride. Safe Ride is a Metro taxi program designed to help discourage impaired driving during weekends.
- The junior class event for finals week was declared a success.
- The class cabinet dorm-stormed prior to finals week wishing students luck.
- The class cabinet is working on its SGA brochure. Ideas are being discussed about safeguarding students’ laundry following theft complaints and expanding the Help Desk’s capabilities beyond QU-issued Dell laptops.
- A complained was raised regarding smoking regulations as to the failure to enforce the distance between smokers and buildings.