- Baker Dunleavy signs five-year contract extension
- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey dispatches Union, 3-1
The Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey team earned its 14th win of the season thanks to a three-goal second period to give the team sole possession of sixth place in ECAC Hockey after Saturday’s 3-1 defeat of the Union Dutchwomen.
The Bobcats (14-8-6, 7-4-5 ECACH) scored two of their goals within 30 seconds of each other, a feat they have now accomplished five times this season.
Despite trailing 1-0 heading into the second period, the Bobcats captured the momentum when junior forward Kelley Davies scored a power-play goal at the 11:48 mark.
Sophomore forward Kate Wheeler then broke the tie just eight seconds later when she notched her third goal of the season. Freshman forward Heather Hughes added her 11th goal of the season to give the Bobcats a 3-1 lead with under three minutes to play in the second period.
The two-goal lead was enough for Bobcat goaltender Victoria Vigilanti, who contributed 22 saves – four of which coming in the final three minutes when Union had a two player advantage.
Union goaltender Alana Marcinko recorded 30 saves in the loss.
The Bobcats will play in their final road series of the season this weekend when they take on Cornell Friday at 7 p.m. and Colgate Saturday at 7 p.m.