- Possible parking changes announced for 2017-2018 academic school year
- Recent New York legislature may impact Quinnipiac enrollment
- Power at the plate
- Chase Priskie named 2017-18 men’s ice hockey team captain at banquet
- Peter Kiss leaving Quinnipiac men’s basketball for Rutgers
- Quinnipiac splits doubleheader against Siena
- Baseball cruises to 13-1 victory over Saint Peter’s
- Rick Seeley court documents date abuse since 2009-2010
- SGA approves 2017-2018 budgets
- Quinnipiac to host 2019 Women’s Frozen Four
Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey dispatches Union, 3-1
The Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey team earned its 14th win of the season thanks to a three-goal second period to give the team sole possession of sixth place in ECAC Hockey after Saturday’s 3-1 defeat of the Union Dutchwomen.
The Bobcats (14-8-6, 7-4-5 ECACH) scored two of their goals within 30 seconds of each other, a feat they have now accomplished five times this season.
Despite trailing 1-0 heading into the second period, the Bobcats captured the momentum when junior forward Kelley Davies scored a power-play goal at the 11:48 mark.
Sophomore forward Kate Wheeler then broke the tie just eight seconds later when she notched her third goal of the season. Freshman forward Heather Hughes added her 11th goal of the season to give the Bobcats a 3-1 lead with under three minutes to play in the second period.
The two-goal lead was enough for Bobcat goaltender Victoria Vigilanti, who contributed 22 saves – four of which coming in the final three minutes when Union had a two player advantage.
Union goaltender Alana Marcinko recorded 30 saves in the loss.
The Bobcats will play in their final road series of the season this weekend when they take on Cornell Friday at 7 p.m. and Colgate Saturday at 7 p.m.