- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey dispatches Union, 3-1
The Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey team earned its 14th win of the season thanks to a three-goal second period to give the team sole possession of sixth place in ECAC Hockey after Saturday’s 3-1 defeat of the Union Dutchwomen.
The Bobcats (14-8-6, 7-4-5 ECACH) scored two of their goals within 30 seconds of each other, a feat they have now accomplished five times this season.
Despite trailing 1-0 heading into the second period, the Bobcats captured the momentum when junior forward Kelley Davies scored a power-play goal at the 11:48 mark.
Sophomore forward Kate Wheeler then broke the tie just eight seconds later when she notched her third goal of the season. Freshman forward Heather Hughes added her 11th goal of the season to give the Bobcats a 3-1 lead with under three minutes to play in the second period.
The two-goal lead was enough for Bobcat goaltender Victoria Vigilanti, who contributed 22 saves – four of which coming in the final three minutes when Union had a two player advantage.
Union goaltender Alana Marcinko recorded 30 saves in the loss.
The Bobcats will play in their final road series of the season this weekend when they take on Cornell Friday at 7 p.m. and Colgate Saturday at 7 p.m.