- Quinnipiac women’s lacrosse gets first win of the season over Saint Francis
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse unable to keep pace with Vermont, loses 10-5
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls to Saint Peter’s on Senior Day
- Quinnipiac students arrested for drug possession
- Boarding on Bobcat Way
- Students cheat Chartwells
- Confessions of a coffee addict
- Academic assist
- Strautmane standing tall
- Snap out of it
Quinnipiac athletics lending a hand in Haiti relief
Quinnipiac athletics joined in the world’s effort in helping Haiti recover from the devastating Jan. 12 earthquake by raising $1,734 from the Hamden community at the men’s and women’s basketball games over the weekend.
“It was a great group effort: coaches, TD Bank, athletics,” Quinnipiac Director of Athletics and Recreation Jack McDonald said on Sunday. “Nothing beats cash.”
Quinnipiac basketball head coaches Tricia Fabbri and Tom Moore and Central Connecticut State coaches Beryl Piper and Howie Dickenman all donated money into a decorated basket before the two games and the Quinnipiac cheerleaders passed the basket around the arena during the games.
“A devastating event like this reminds us of what is truly important in life,” Fabbri said. “We are blessed to play and coach the game we love . This weekend, the Quinnipiac community, in conjunction with the women’s basketball game against CCSU, has a great opportunity to support the relief efforts for the people of Haiti.”
“$1,700 dollars is going to go a long way in that economy,” McDonald said. “It probably could last somebody for a year.”