- No. 3 Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling falls to No. 2 Oregon
- Rossman sets women’s ice hockey shutout record in Senior Day win
- Men’s basketball loses overtime heart-breaker to Fairfield
- Women’s ice hockey decimates RPI as Rossman ties program shutout record
- Women’s basketball defeats Iona in MAAC Championship rematch
- Student wins Global Student Entrepreneur Award
- Students volunteer to assist local residents with tax returns
- Students, faculty participate in silent vigil to support immigrants and refugees
- Slammed with snow
- Men’s ice hockey drops close contest to Clarkson
Bobcats continue winning ways, defeat Wagner
Upperclassmen James Feldeine and Justin Rutty continued to turn close games into victories for the Quinnipiac men’s basketball team.
Feldeine led the team with 21 points while Rutty scored 15 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for his 20th career double-double as the Bobcats (14-6, 8-1 NEC) defeated Wagner 66-57 Thursday night.
The victory marked the eighth straight win for the Bobcats, who remain tied for first place in the NEC with Robert Morris.
Jeremy Baker added 12 points and eight rebounds for the Bobcats, as they out-rebounded their 20th consecutive opponent 41-38.
Quinnipiac took a 29-25 lead into the locker room. Jonathan Cruz scored a quick layup to open up the second half to give the Bobcats a six-point lead.
Wagner (3-19, 1-8 NEC) responded with back-to-back 3-pointers to tie the game at 31-31, but the Bobcats came back with an 11-0 run and didn’t look back from there.
Things did get close for a little while after Wagner’s leading scorer Danny Mundweilder hit a 3-pointer to bring the game within two points with 8:38 remaining.
However, that was as close as Wagner got, as the Bobcats went on a quick 5-0 run, courtesy of a quick jumper by Feldeine and a 3-pointer by Dave Johnson to bring the score to 55-48 with 5:15 remaining.
The Bobcats will continue to look to keep pace at the top of the NEC when they face Mount St. Mary’s Saturday at 7 p.m.
Photo credit: Andrew Vazzano