- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Rider in annual Dig Pink game
- Quinnipiac volleyball rolls past Saint Peter’s in three sets
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer finishes even with Marist on Senior Day
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey upsets No. 18 Boston College, 1-0
- No. 25 Old Dominion tops Quinnipiac field hockey, 3-0, on Senior Day
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer comes back to beat Rider, 2-1
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey wins home opener against UConn
- Parents Speak Up
- A college actor’s ‘dream’
- GSA seeks allies
Women’s Ice Hockey: Princeton edges Bobcats 1-0
The Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey team lost its first game of 2010 on Saturday against the Princeton Tigers. Both teams were evenly matched, with a lone goal in the third period determining the winner.
Tigers forward Danielle DiCesare scored the game-winning goal almost six minutes into the final period, leaving the Bobcats with 14 minutes to try to even the score. The Bobcats took 11 shots after the goal, but none made it past Princeton netminder Cassie Seguin. Quinnipiac forwards Heather Hughes and Kallie Flor were crucial in these efforts to tie up the game.
Hughes fired four of the team’s 15 shots on net, while freshman goaltender Victoria Vigilanti protected the net against 26 shots, allowing only one shot past her.
Quinnipiac falls to 7-7-5 (4-3-5 ECAC), while Princeton advances to 8-8-2 (6-4-2 ECAC).
The Bobcats return to the ice on Friday, Jan. 8 at 3 p.m. to take on Dartmouth at the TD Bank Sports Center.