- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
Women’s Ice Hockey: Princeton edges Bobcats 1-0
The Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey team lost its first game of 2010 on Saturday against the Princeton Tigers. Both teams were evenly matched, with a lone goal in the third period determining the winner.
Tigers forward Danielle DiCesare scored the game-winning goal almost six minutes into the final period, leaving the Bobcats with 14 minutes to try to even the score. The Bobcats took 11 shots after the goal, but none made it past Princeton netminder Cassie Seguin. Quinnipiac forwards Heather Hughes and Kallie Flor were crucial in these efforts to tie up the game.
Hughes fired four of the team’s 15 shots on net, while freshman goaltender Victoria Vigilanti protected the net against 26 shots, allowing only one shot past her.
Quinnipiac falls to 7-7-5 (4-3-5 ECAC), while Princeton advances to 8-8-2 (6-4-2 ECAC).
The Bobcats return to the ice on Friday, Jan. 8 at 3 p.m. to take on Dartmouth at the TD Bank Sports Center.