- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Women’s Ice Hockey: Princeton edges Bobcats 1-0
The Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey team lost its first game of 2010 on Saturday against the Princeton Tigers. Both teams were evenly matched, with a lone goal in the third period determining the winner.
Tigers forward Danielle DiCesare scored the game-winning goal almost six minutes into the final period, leaving the Bobcats with 14 minutes to try to even the score. The Bobcats took 11 shots after the goal, but none made it past Princeton netminder Cassie Seguin. Quinnipiac forwards Heather Hughes and Kallie Flor were crucial in these efforts to tie up the game.
Hughes fired four of the team’s 15 shots on net, while freshman goaltender Victoria Vigilanti protected the net against 26 shots, allowing only one shot past her.
Quinnipiac falls to 7-7-5 (4-3-5 ECAC), while Princeton advances to 8-8-2 (6-4-2 ECAC).
The Bobcats return to the ice on Friday, Jan. 8 at 3 p.m. to take on Dartmouth at the TD Bank Sports Center.