- South Carolina ends Quinnipiac’s tournament run in Sweet 16
- Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling dominates Glenville State
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball takes on South Carolina in Sweet 16
- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
Women’s Ice Hockey: Princeton edges Bobcats 1-0
The Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey team lost its first game of 2010 on Saturday against the Princeton Tigers. Both teams were evenly matched, with a lone goal in the third period determining the winner.
Tigers forward Danielle DiCesare scored the game-winning goal almost six minutes into the final period, leaving the Bobcats with 14 minutes to try to even the score. The Bobcats took 11 shots after the goal, but none made it past Princeton netminder Cassie Seguin. Quinnipiac forwards Heather Hughes and Kallie Flor were crucial in these efforts to tie up the game.
Hughes fired four of the team’s 15 shots on net, while freshman goaltender Victoria Vigilanti protected the net against 26 shots, allowing only one shot past her.
Quinnipiac falls to 7-7-5 (4-3-5 ECAC), while Princeton advances to 8-8-2 (6-4-2 ECAC).
The Bobcats return to the ice on Friday, Jan. 8 at 3 p.m. to take on Dartmouth at the TD Bank Sports Center.