- Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling drops season-opener to Baylor
- Men’s ice hockey celebrates senior night with 4-1 win
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey loses at Yale, 2-0
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls in double overtime at Fairfield
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse upsets No. 17 Brown in overtime
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey loses to Union at home, 5-2
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball squeaks past Manhattan, 71-70
- Fabbri’s 400
- Lahey’s lasting legacy
- Chaise to 1,000
Women’s Ice Hockey: Princeton edges Bobcats 1-0
The Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey team lost its first game of 2010 on Saturday against the Princeton Tigers. Both teams were evenly matched, with a lone goal in the third period determining the winner.
Tigers forward Danielle DiCesare scored the game-winning goal almost six minutes into the final period, leaving the Bobcats with 14 minutes to try to even the score. The Bobcats took 11 shots after the goal, but none made it past Princeton netminder Cassie Seguin. Quinnipiac forwards Heather Hughes and Kallie Flor were crucial in these efforts to tie up the game.
Hughes fired four of the team’s 15 shots on net, while freshman goaltender Victoria Vigilanti protected the net against 26 shots, allowing only one shot past her.
Quinnipiac falls to 7-7-5 (4-3-5 ECAC), while Princeton advances to 8-8-2 (6-4-2 ECAC).
The Bobcats return to the ice on Friday, Jan. 8 at 3 p.m. to take on Dartmouth at the TD Bank Sports Center.