- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
- Freshman reflect, Seniors say goodbye
- Wawa Craze
- The beginning of the end
- One Album, Three Meanings
- May the weekend go on
Women’s Ice Hockey: Princeton edges Bobcats 1-0
The Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey team lost its first game of 2010 on Saturday against the Princeton Tigers. Both teams were evenly matched, with a lone goal in the third period determining the winner.
Tigers forward Danielle DiCesare scored the game-winning goal almost six minutes into the final period, leaving the Bobcats with 14 minutes to try to even the score. The Bobcats took 11 shots after the goal, but none made it past Princeton netminder Cassie Seguin. Quinnipiac forwards Heather Hughes and Kallie Flor were crucial in these efforts to tie up the game.
Hughes fired four of the team’s 15 shots on net, while freshman goaltender Victoria Vigilanti protected the net against 26 shots, allowing only one shot past her.
Quinnipiac falls to 7-7-5 (4-3-5 ECAC), while Princeton advances to 8-8-2 (6-4-2 ECAC).
The Bobcats return to the ice on Friday, Jan. 8 at 3 p.m. to take on Dartmouth at the TD Bank Sports Center.