- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
RAVE of the Week
Women and men alike mark their calendars for the biggest showcase of lingerie and beautiful models each December. The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show outdid itself this year with more glitz, glamour, rock-hard physiques and over-the-top costumes. The Black Eyed Peas opened for the ladies with their hit, “Boom Boom Pow,” rocking to a sea of black lights and fans. The “Angels” strutted down the shimmering catwalk in thigh-high boots, intricate corsets and balloon trains. Kings of Leon was on hand to sing their hit “Sex on Fire” as the coveted “million dollar bra” dripping in diamonds, made its annual appearance. In a sea of beauty and excess, the show included a contest for a new Victoria’s Secret Angel. In segments, the audience was introduced to stunning beauties Jade and Kylie. After auditioning, practicing, and eventually winning the vote, Kylie made her debut on the catwalk. Heidi Klum, who just had her fourth child, was on hand to announce the winner. It was revealed that each model had 20 layers of make-up on her backside and took five hours to get ready with the help of a handler. All the effort made for a stunning show. Excessive and over-the-top? Yes. Too fun and mouth-watering to change the channel? Absolutely.