- Quinnipiac women’s basketball takes on South Carolina in Sweet 16
- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
- Sherman Ave building to be new QU theater
Men’s Ice Hockey: QU drops 2 vs. ECAC, 3 in rank
After blowing a 4-3 lead against Yale on Friday, the Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey team faltered against the lowly-regarded Brown Bears Saturday, losing 2-1.
All three goals were scored in the third period, the first two coming from Brown.
Quinnipiac senior forward Brandon Wong responded with his third goal of the weekend 6:32 into the period, but his teammates couldn’t find a way to net a game-tying goal.
The two weekend losses against ECAC Hockey foes lowered Quinnipiac’s national rank to No. 7, marking the third straight week the Bobcats have been ranked in the top 10 by USCHO.com.
Quinnipiac still sits atop the ECAC Hockey standings ahead of Cornell by a single point, who they beat 3-2 on Nov. 21.