- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
- Freshman reflect, Seniors say goodbye
- Wawa Craze
Men’s Ice Hockey: QU drops 2 vs. ECAC, 3 in rank
After blowing a 4-3 lead against Yale on Friday, the Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey team faltered against the lowly-regarded Brown Bears Saturday, losing 2-1.
All three goals were scored in the third period, the first two coming from Brown.
Quinnipiac senior forward Brandon Wong responded with his third goal of the weekend 6:32 into the period, but his teammates couldn’t find a way to net a game-tying goal.
The two weekend losses against ECAC Hockey foes lowered Quinnipiac’s national rank to No. 7, marking the third straight week the Bobcats have been ranked in the top 10 by USCHO.com.
Quinnipiac still sits atop the ECAC Hockey standings ahead of Cornell by a single point, who they beat 3-2 on Nov. 21.