- Community protests after controversial Snapchat photo
- ‘Lo’ and Behold
- Field hockey sisters bring Spanish influence to the team
- Student facing disciplinary action for posting racist Snapchat photo
- University hires former New Haven Police Chief
- Watch your words
- Old fashion isn’t overrated
- Is change always for the better?
- Men’s soccer shuts out Yale
- Undefeated UMass Lowell beats men’s soccer
Freshman dies in snowmobile accident
Freshman health sciences student Jessica Bolognani from Readsboro, Vt., was killed in a snowmobile accident on Saturday according to an e-mail sent to the University community from Manuel Carreiro, vice president and dean of student affairs on Monday.
The accident took place in Bolognani’s hometown and police said alcohol was involved.
“There are no words to adequately express our sympathy for the devastation and profound loss for Jessica’s family and friends,” Carreiro said in the e-mail. “We extend our prayers and condolences.
According to the Vermont State Police, Bolognani fell off the back of a snowmobile and was hit by another snowmobile that was following her.
Bolognani suffered serious head injuries and died en route to the hospital.