- Murphy’s Law: What the Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey team should be thankful for
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball drops home opener to Hartford, 68-54
- BREAKING: Finance chair Thomas Coe confronted by anti-child abuse activist, on leave from the university
- An Election Reflection
- Nation to Campus: Subjectivity and the Constitution
- Wasteful ways
- Students struggles at the polls
- So long, Rick Grimes?
- Will Part Time get the recognition they deserve?
- ‘Lotta ties, lotta ties’
Freshman dies in snowmobile accident
Freshman health sciences student Jessica Bolognani from Readsboro, Vt., was killed in a snowmobile accident on Saturday according to an e-mail sent to the University community from Manuel Carreiro, vice president and dean of student affairs on Monday.
The accident took place in Bolognani’s hometown and police said alcohol was involved.
“There are no words to adequately express our sympathy for the devastation and profound loss for Jessica’s family and friends,” Carreiro said in the e-mail. “We extend our prayers and condolences.
According to the Vermont State Police, Bolognani fell off the back of a snowmobile and was hit by another snowmobile that was following her.
Bolognani suffered serious head injuries and died en route to the hospital.