- Quinnipiac set to take on rival Yale
- Matt King joins men’s ice hockey as walk-on goaltender
- In his mother’s memory
- Current Craze
- Living the Legend
- Panel of professors explain human rights for minorities
- Accommodating everyday struggles
- Students become finalists in NESN’s ‘Next Producer Contest’
- Students crowd portal for tickets to Yale game
- Putting the ‘UNIVERSITY’ in Quinnipiac
Freshman dies in snowmobile accident
Freshman health sciences student Jessica Bolognani from Readsboro, Vt., was killed in a snowmobile accident on Saturday according to an e-mail sent to the University community from Manuel Carreiro, vice president and dean of student affairs on Monday.
The accident took place in Bolognani’s hometown and police said alcohol was involved.
“There are no words to adequately express our sympathy for the devastation and profound loss for Jessica’s family and friends,” Carreiro said in the e-mail. “We extend our prayers and condolences.
According to the Vermont State Police, Bolognani fell off the back of a snowmobile and was hit by another snowmobile that was following her.
Bolognani suffered serious head injuries and died en route to the hospital.