- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
Freshman dies in snowmobile accident
Freshman health sciences student Jessica Bolognani from Readsboro, Vt., was killed in a snowmobile accident on Saturday according to an e-mail sent to the University community from Manuel Carreiro, vice president and dean of student affairs on Monday.
The accident took place in Bolognani’s hometown and police said alcohol was involved.
“There are no words to adequately express our sympathy for the devastation and profound loss for Jessica’s family and friends,” Carreiro said in the e-mail. “We extend our prayers and condolences.
According to the Vermont State Police, Bolognani fell off the back of a snowmobile and was hit by another snowmobile that was following her.
Bolognani suffered serious head injuries and died en route to the hospital.