- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
- Women’s rugby team takes home second championship
- Women’s basketball’s upset bid against Michigan State falls short
- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
Freshman dies in snowmobile accident
Freshman health sciences student Jessica Bolognani from Readsboro, Vt., was killed in a snowmobile accident on Saturday according to an e-mail sent to the University community from Manuel Carreiro, vice president and dean of student affairs on Monday.
The accident took place in Bolognani’s hometown and police said alcohol was involved.
“There are no words to adequately express our sympathy for the devastation and profound loss for Jessica’s family and friends,” Carreiro said in the e-mail. “We extend our prayers and condolences.
According to the Vermont State Police, Bolognani fell off the back of a snowmobile and was hit by another snowmobile that was following her.
Bolognani suffered serious head injuries and died en route to the hospital.