- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey falls to No. 1 UMass 3-1, head into break with a 14-3-0 record
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves to .500 with win over Lafayette
- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey upsets No. 1 UMass, 4-0
- Cramped cramming
- Dr. Bethany Zemba appointed as vice president and chief of staff
- Pro-life feminism: a candid conversation
- Phi Gamma Delta fundraises money for victims of California wildfires
- Former Quinnipiac President John Lahey awarded for service to Ireland
- Triumph out of tragedy
- MEMEingful past
York Hill construction worker dies in work-related accident
A York Hill construction worker was killed Friday morning in a work-related accident on the York Hill campus.
According to a press release from the Hamden Police Department, a preliminary investigation revealed that John Borovicka, 58, an O&G Industries employee, was walking up a hill when he was hit by a forklift going in reverse near The Crescent residence hall.
Hamden Police and Fire Rescue arrived on the scene at 9:15 a.m.
“The University community was saddened to learn of the construction worker’s death this morning and sends its deepest sympathy to his family and co-workers,” said Lynn Bushnell, vice president for public affairs.
Borovicka was pronounced dead upon arriving at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating the incident.