- Community protests after controversial Snapchat photo
- ‘Lo’ and Behold
- Field hockey sisters bring Spanish influence to the team
- Student facing disciplinary action for posting racist Snapchat photo
- University hires former New Haven Police Chief
- Watch your words
- Old fashion isn’t overrated
- Is change always for the better?
- Men’s soccer shuts out Yale
- Undefeated UMass Lowell beats men’s soccer
Yale student found dead in dorm
Yale students gathered on Monday night to mourn the death of Andre Narcisse, a sophomore at Yale University. Narcisse was found dead in his dorm room on Sunday, Nov. 1.
Students were alerted with an e-mail from Yale College Dean Mary Miller on Sunday morning, who said that Narcisse, a Roosevelt, N.Y., native, was found unresponsive by his roommates.
“Emergency medical personnel came to Branford College (dormitory) and attempted to resuscitate the student, but they were unable to do so,” Miller said.
According to the Yale Daily News, an autopsy was completed on Monday, but results are pending. According to Miller, “there does not appear to be any evidence of foul play.”
Hundreds of students attended the candlelight vigil held Monday in Branford’s courtyard. Some of Narcisse’s classmates and friends, as well as Branford College Master Stephen Smith, spoke to the crowd.