- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Yale student found dead in dorm
Yale students gathered on Monday night to mourn the death of Andre Narcisse, a sophomore at Yale University. Narcisse was found dead in his dorm room on Sunday, Nov. 1.
Students were alerted with an e-mail from Yale College Dean Mary Miller on Sunday morning, who said that Narcisse, a Roosevelt, N.Y., native, was found unresponsive by his roommates.
“Emergency medical personnel came to Branford College (dormitory) and attempted to resuscitate the student, but they were unable to do so,” Miller said.
According to the Yale Daily News, an autopsy was completed on Monday, but results are pending. According to Miller, “there does not appear to be any evidence of foul play.”
Hundreds of students attended the candlelight vigil held Monday in Branford’s courtyard. Some of Narcisse’s classmates and friends, as well as Branford College Master Stephen Smith, spoke to the crowd.