- Quinnipiac men’s soccer falls in MAAC Championship to Rider, 1-0
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey loses 5-1 to Union
- No. 9 Villanova handles Quinnipiac men’s basketball, 86-53
- Quinnipiac rugby defeats Notre Dame College 46-5 on Senior Day, moves onto NIRA semifinals
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey shuts out RPI, 3-0
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer prevails in shootout vs. Marist, advances to MAAC Championship
- Hell comes to Quinnipiac
- Social Media IRL
- Best week to eat
- The 90’s never felt so modern
Worker killed on York Hill
A York Hill construction worker was killed Friday morning in a work-related accident on the York Hill campus.
According to a press release from the Hamden Police Department, a preliminary investigation revealed that John Borovicka, 58, an O&G Industries employee, was walking up a hill when he was hit by a forklift going in reverse near The Crescent residence hall.
Hamden Police and Fire Rescue arrived on the scene at 9:15 a.m.
“The University community was saddened to learn of the construction worker’s death this morning and sends its deepest sympathy to his family and co-workers,” said Lynn Bushnell, vice president for public affairs.
Borovicka was pronounced dead upon arriving at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating the incident.