- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
- International students celebrate Thanksgiving
Update: York Hill construction worker dies in work-related accident
A York Hill construction worker was killed Friday morning in a work-related accident on the York Hill campus.
According to a press release from the Hamden Police Department, a preliminary investigation revealed that John Borovicka, 58, an O&G Industries employee, was walking up a hill when he was hit by a forklift going in reverse near The Crescent residence hall.
Hamden Police and Fire Rescue arrived on the scene at 9:15 a.m.
“The University community was saddened to learn of the construction worker’s death this morning and sends its deepest sympathy to his family and co-workers,” said Lynn Bushnell, vice president for public affairs.
Borovicka was pronounced dead upon arriving at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating the incident.
Stay with QUChronicle.com for more developments.