- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
- Freshman reflect, Seniors say goodbye
- Wawa Craze
- The beginning of the end
- One Album, Three Meanings
- May the weekend go on
Update: York Hill construction worker dies in work-related accident
A York Hill construction worker was killed Friday morning in a work-related accident on the York Hill campus.
According to a press release from the Hamden Police Department, a preliminary investigation revealed that John Borovicka, 58, an O&G Industries employee, was walking up a hill when he was hit by a forklift going in reverse near The Crescent residence hall.
Hamden Police and Fire Rescue arrived on the scene at 9:15 a.m.
“The University community was saddened to learn of the construction worker’s death this morning and sends its deepest sympathy to his family and co-workers,” said Lynn Bushnell, vice president for public affairs.
Borovicka was pronounced dead upon arriving at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating the incident.
Stay with QUChronicle.com for more developments.