- Women’s ice hockey escapes Maine in season opener
- Don’t be afraid to let go of what hurts you
- Just because it’s not “hard news,” doesn’t mean it’s “not news”
- Sound the horn
- Sarah Pandolfi back and better following season-long injury
- Women’s soccer edges out Fairfield for first MAAC win
- Mac Miller, Mick Jenkins impress with new albums
- “Study” Time: Game Night
- Brangelina: Love is dead
- T.I.’s ‘Warzone’ makes a statement
Update: York Hill construction worker dies in work-related accident
A York Hill construction worker was killed Friday morning in a work-related accident on the York Hill campus.
According to a press release from the Hamden Police Department, a preliminary investigation revealed that John Borovicka, 58, an O&G Industries employee, was walking up a hill when he was hit by a forklift going in reverse near The Crescent residence hall.
Hamden Police and Fire Rescue arrived on the scene at 9:15 a.m.
“The University community was saddened to learn of the construction worker’s death this morning and sends its deepest sympathy to his family and co-workers,” said Lynn Bushnell, vice president for public affairs.
Borovicka was pronounced dead upon arriving at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating the incident.
Stay with QUChronicle.com for more developments.