- Women’s ice hockey escapes Maine in season opener
- Don’t be afraid to let go of what hurts you
- Just because it’s not “hard news,” doesn’t mean it’s “not news”
- Sound the horn
- Sarah Pandolfi back and better following season-long injury
- Women’s soccer edges out Fairfield for first MAAC win
- Mac Miller, Mick Jenkins impress with new albums
- “Study” Time: Game Night
- Brangelina: Love is dead
- T.I.’s ‘Warzone’ makes a statement
Get excited! The Big Event is coming to Quinnipiac for the Spring 2010 semester!
The Big Event is a huge community service endeavor that exists across university campuses worldwide. The Student Government Association, with the help of Jen Walts and several other members, is thrilled to be able to take part in such an event. Community Action Project and several other campus organizations have already become frontrunners in making this initiative come to life.
The event involves teams of students dedicating several hours of service to Hamden and the surrounding areas through non-profit organizations. It is a day to celebrate service and will serve as a “thank you” to our community. Our goal is to establish 50 service sites with non-profit organizations in and around the Hamden community. Because we are expecting a large turnout of 10 students per team, and about 500 service volunteers, the day will be dedicated to serving our community.
There are already several contact people who have been working to increase The Big Event budget and secure community service sites. The current chair positions are: