- Quinnipiac women’s lacrosse gets first win of the season over Saint Francis
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse unable to keep pace with Vermont, loses 10-5
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls to Saint Peter’s on Senior Day
- Quinnipiac students arrested for drug possession
- Boarding on Bobcat Way
- Students cheat Chartwells
- Confessions of a coffee addict
- Academic assist
- Strautmane standing tall
- Snap out of it
Get excited! The Big Event is coming to Quinnipiac for the Spring 2010 semester!
The Big Event is a huge community service endeavor that exists across university campuses worldwide. The Student Government Association, with the help of Jen Walts and several other members, is thrilled to be able to take part in such an event. Community Action Project and several other campus organizations have already become frontrunners in making this initiative come to life.
The event involves teams of students dedicating several hours of service to Hamden and the surrounding areas through non-profit organizations. It is a day to celebrate service and will serve as a “thank you” to our community. Our goal is to establish 50 service sites with non-profit organizations in and around the Hamden community. Because we are expecting a large turnout of 10 students per team, and about 500 service volunteers, the day will be dedicated to serving our community.
There are already several contact people who have been working to increase The Big Event budget and secure community service sites. The current chair positions are: