- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
The Quinnipiac Student Government Association held its 10th weekly meeting of the year on Nov. 11.
– The New Synthesis Group met last week to discuss intellectual and cultural programming possibilities. The College Group at the Met is being used as a template, and SGA is working on recruitment for the committee.
– The Sustainability Interest Group will meet to discuss Earth Day events.
– There will be a special SGA election on Dec. 2.
– The Student Security Survey has been completed with more than 1,200 responses.
– The Alcohol Awareness Event will take place in Alumni Hall on Dec. 2. The naming process is currently in progress. Peer Educators, Res Life representatives and Sean Gallagher will attend. A drunk driving simulator and beer googles will be available, and will take place after 8 p.m.
– Dress Down Day will be held in December, all proceeds will go to the Connecticut Food Bank.
– Council of Presidents’ Day is Nov. 30, and will be held in EC 111 where the mission statement will be presented.
– All suggestions for a commencement speaker will now be considered.
– A Safe Ride online seminar has been laid out, which would provide students with transportation on the weekends.
– A senior luncheon has been planned for next semester.
– The class cabinet may give a presentation to the General Board on QU security.
– An SGA database has been planned which would record all motions, votes, and outcomes.
– The class cabinet plans to reinstate the SPB/SGA taskforce.
– Contact Cindy Long Porter with naming suggestions for new York Hill buildings.
– A meeting will be held on distributing SGA info pamphlets at Open Houses.
– Allison Skidmore and Gabby Simone were sworn into their new positions as class representatives for 2011 and 2010, respectively.
– An NAACP chapter is being opened at Quinnipiac, which is open to students of all races and ethnicities.
– A diversity event will be held on Feb. 23, 2010.