- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
- International students celebrate Thanksgiving
- New university website aimed at prospective students
Class of ’13 rep bows out
Read below for a written statement from “Sonny” Charlestin.
Freshman Fresnelson “Sonny” Charlestin has resigned from the Student Government Association, according to Vice President of Student Concerns Victoria Stankus.
Stankus received Charlestin’s letter of resignation on Monday afternoon, citing “personal reasons” as his basis for stepping down.
Charlestin, from Stamford, Conn., was a representative for the Class of 2013, and a member of the Student Awareness Committe (SAC). He was unavailable for comment.
Charlestin is the second member of SGA to resign this semester. Class of 2011 representative Dean Czerwonka stepped down on Oct. 12 after feeling “overwhelmed” with his schedule.
Currently, there is no plan to fill Charlestin’s seat, though a special election was held on Nov. 4 to fill junior and senior representative spots.
I have been dealing with some things in my personal life that have taken my concentration away from SGA. I believe I was voted in to best represent my classmates, and under these circumstances, I cannot do that effectively, therefore I have resigned, and will take the rest of the academic year to sort things out, and make sure my head is in the right place. I hope to get back involved when the time is right.