- Mike Quitko announces his retirement
- Turner named Canada’s U-18 head coach
- NHL’s Islanders draft Devon Toews
- Recent graduate killed in motorcycle accident
- Former student arrested after bomb threats
- Bomb threat delays third commencement ceremony
- University lays off 16 professors, hires 12
- McLean verbally commits to Quinnipiac
- Canisius rallies past Quinnipiac baseball
- Student charged with second-degree burglary
Athletes of the Week: Greg Holt & Heather Hughes
Senior forward Greg Holt totaled four points in Quinnipiac’s two-game series against Robert Morris. Holt assisted Scott Zurevinski and Zach Davies, and scored in both games. These were the first points of the young season. Holt was also named the number one Star of the Game in Friday’s game for his performance.
Freshman forward Heather Hughes had her first career hat trick in the women’s ice hockey team’s 6-1 win over Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute on Saturday. She also gained a point for an assist off Janine Duffy’s goal in the first period. Hughes’ four points increased her season total to six. Hughes was also named the number one Star of the Game for her performance and ECAC Hockey Rookie of the Week.