- Women’s basketball’s upset bid against Michigan State falls short
- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
Kanye kicked to the curb
It appears that Lady Gaga, like the rest of the world, has had enough of Kanye West. Her upcoming headlining tour, “Fame Kills,” was supposed to take place with Kanye at her side, set to kick off Nov. 10 in Phoenix. However, Kanye is taking some much needed time off. Despite the recent controversy over his ill-mannered comments directed at Taylor Swift, avid fans are still left extremely disappointed.
Recently, Lady Gaga told Billboard magazine, “Kanye’s going to take some time off. But the good news is that I’m going on tour in a few weeks.” The quirky performer doesn’t seem too disappointed with the loss. The show will most likely still be amazing-Gaga doesn’t need much help with entertaining an audience. Reports have surfaced that the decision was a mutual one. It is also speculated that poor ticket sales were at fault for the duo separating, though the true cause of the disruption may never be uncovered. Yet, one is left wondering if Gaga just wants to give Kanye a taste of his own medicine, a life without the spotlight. This may be difficult to endure considering he loves the attention.
Nevertheless, the break may be good for him. After his life hit an all-time low in recent weeks, amidst the tasteless VMA stunt and the victimization of an innocent 19-year-old, some time off may do the rapper well. It is evident that even on “The Jay Leno Show,” whether it was all an act or not, Kanye appeared serious about getting his life back in order and re-assessing his attitude.
Hopefully, no hard feelings exist and the decision is truly for the best. Of course, Gaga, who recently received the “Rising Star” award at Billboard’s annual Women in Music event, will be just fine on her own. No hard feelings, Kanye.