- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
Field hockey snags first NEC victory
The Quinnipiac field hockey team earned its first victory in the NEC with a 3-0 win over Siena on Sunday.
Two seniors for the Bobcats, Christine Grady and MacKenzie Liptak, made contributions in all three goals scored.
The Bobcats got on the board about eight minutes into the first half, thanks to Grady, who caught the deflection off of Kimberly Cunniff. It was Grady’s first goal of the season.
Quinnipiac added its second goal in the 24th minute of the game when Grady sent a pass to Liptak in front of the goal for a score. The goal was her second of the season.
The Bobcats’ third goal came on a breakaway from Shea, earning her second tally this season.
The Quinnipiac defense was stout against the Saints, limiting them to just eight shots on goal – none of which entered Quinnipiac’s net. Senior Jenna Grossman and junior Amanda DeLouise combined for five saves and the shutout, the first shutout of the season for the Bobcats.
The Bobcats will take on NEC foe Sacred Heart on Friday, Oct. 9, at the Quinnipiac Field Hockey and Lacrosse Turf Field at 4 p.m.