- Men’s basketball drops Senior Day game to Rider
- Men’s ice hockey beats Brown on Senior Night
- Women’s basketball clinches top seed in MAAC Tournament with Senior Day win
- Quinnipiac completes season sweep over rival Yale with Heroes Hat win
- Quinnipiac set to take on rival Yale
- Matt King joins men’s ice hockey as walk-on goaltender
- In his mother’s memory
- Current Craze
- Living the Legend
- Panel of professors explain human rights for minorities
Bobcats put Buckeyes on ice twice
Quinnipiac men’s hockey defeated #17 Ohio State for the second time in as many days on Friday night, upping their record to 2-0-0 this season.
Despite an impressive performance from freshman Eric Hartzell on Thursday in goal, head coach Rand Pecknold decided to put sophomore Dan Clarke between the pipes in the second game. Clarke saved 44 shots on the night, allowing a first period goal to Alex Carlson nine minutes into the game. But for the final 51 minutes, Clarke was spotless, opening the door for Quinnipiac to take advantage.
Zach Hansen tied the game four minutes into the second period, and Eric Lampe scored a shorthanded goal, his third goal in two nights, to give the Bobcats a 2-1 lead. Mike Atkinson sealed the deal for Quinnipiac when Ohio State pulled goalie Cal Heeter with a minute remaining.
Quinnipiac held on despite nine penalties in the game.
Eric Lampe led the way with six shots, and Brandon Wong had four, plus two assists, in the game.
Quinnipiac will open their season at home on Saturday, Oct. 17 against Bentley at 4 p.m.