- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
Athletes of the Week: Scott Zurevinski & Heather Hughes
Sophomore forward Scott Zurevinski scored the Bobcats’ winning goal in overtime in the men’s ice hockey team’s home-opening win against Bentley, 3-2. Zurevinski scored on a rebound just 29 seconds into overtime. After a shot on goal, the puck deflected to the left of the net where Zurevinski was waiting. He is tied for third on the team in points and goals scored this season.
Freshman forward Heather Hughes scored the game’s only goal as the women’s ice hockey team defeated Northeasern, 1-0, Saturday afternon. Hughes scored just 25 seconds into the game, on an assist from Kate Wheeler. Wheeler and Hughes broke in on net for a 2-on-1 attack as Hughes ripped a high-shot past the Northeastern goaltender inot the upper right corner. Hughes leads the team in points and goals scored this season.