- Quinnipiac women’s basketball takes on South Carolina in Sweet 16
- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
- Sherman Ave building to be new QU theater
Athletes of the Week: Scott Zurevinski & Heather Hughes
Sophomore forward Scott Zurevinski scored the Bobcats’ winning goal in overtime in the men’s ice hockey team’s home-opening win against Bentley, 3-2. Zurevinski scored on a rebound just 29 seconds into overtime. After a shot on goal, the puck deflected to the left of the net where Zurevinski was waiting. He is tied for third on the team in points and goals scored this season.
Freshman forward Heather Hughes scored the game’s only goal as the women’s ice hockey team defeated Northeasern, 1-0, Saturday afternon. Hughes scored just 25 seconds into the game, on an assist from Kate Wheeler. Wheeler and Hughes broke in on net for a 2-on-1 attack as Hughes ripped a high-shot past the Northeastern goaltender inot the upper right corner. Hughes leads the team in points and goals scored this season.