- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
WRECK: Taylor Swift ruined by Kanye
The MTV Video Music Awards have been a stale event since the early ’00s; however, Sunday’s (Sept. 13) show more than made up for the last decade’s worth of mediocrity when Kanye West stole the microphone from Taylor Swift as she was accepting her award for Best Female Video. After maliciously yanking the mic, West congratulated Swift on her win, but then proceeded to exclaim that Beyonce’s video for “Single Ladies” as “one of the best videos of all time.” Now, Beyonce’s video is perhaps one of the most ubiquitous female videos (how many copycats did that inspire?); however, Swift deserves recognition as one of the few country artists to be accepted by MTV and its audience. It was no easy feat for Swift in the category. She defeated two-time winners of the category, the aforementioned Beyonce, and Kelly Clarkson, as well as Pink and Katy Perry. Note to West: You are an inarticulate S.O.B. who had no business ruining one of the greatest moments of that young woman’s life. Shame on you, sir.