- Quinnipiac University suspends men’s lacrosse team
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey rolls past Guelph in exhibition game
- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Iona, 3-1, in MAAC contest
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer dominant in win over Fairfield
- Quinnipiac field hockey defeats Georgetown in Big East battle
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer tops Central Connecticut State for second straight win
- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
Volleyball: St. John’s tournament
It was a rough first weekend for Quinnipiac’s volleyball team, as they dropped all three of their matches at the St. John’s Classic down in New York City on Sept. 4-5. Logan Riker led the team in digs for the tournament amassing 34 and Kelby Carey led the Bobcats with 30 kills.
Day one of the tournament pinned the Bobcats against the Fordham University Rams. The Bobcats fell in three straight sets 14-25, 18-25 and 24-26.
After a kill by Chelsey Pachoud brought QU to within two points, Fordham went on a rampage going on a 13-4 run to seal the deal in the first set.
With little fight from the Bobcats the Rams took the second set handily.
It was a seesaw battle as both teams couldn’t find that extra edge to pull away in the third and final set. Leading 24-22, QU dropped four straight points sealing their fate and dropping to 0-1 on the season.
Day two of the tournament brought the Bobcats to face the hometown team St. John’s. The Bobcats fell quickly in three sets 22-25, 16-25 and 20-25.
Pachoud led the way against the Red Storm, tallying 13 digs and eight kills. After dropping the first two sets and falling behind early in the third set, QU showed signs of life after a few miscues by the Red Storm. QU dropped the last set after a valiant fight to fall to 0-2 on the year.
QU faced a tough Boston College team later that day. QU fell in straight sets, once again, 12-25, 20-25 and 21-25. Pachoud led the squad with 11 digs accompanied by Carey with 11 kills.