- Matt King joins men’s ice hockey as walk-on goaltender
- In his mother’s memory
- Current Craze
- Living the Legend
- Panel of professors explain human rights for minorities
- Accommodating everyday struggles
- Students become finalists in NESN’s ‘Next Producer Contest’
- Students crowd portal for tickets to Yale game
- Putting the ‘UNIVERSITY’ in Quinnipiac
- No. 3 Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling falls to No. 2 Oregon
Volleyball: Columbia tournament
The Quinnipiac Bobcats volleyball team went winless in the Columbia tournament, losing four matches last Friday and Saturday. The four losses brought their overall record to 0-8.
Quinnipiac opened up the tournament with Stony Brook, losing in straight sets: 17-25, 16-25 and 12-25. Sophomore Alyssa Naylor led the Bobcats with eight kills and three spikes, while freshman Chelsey Pachoud pitched in with six kills and three spikes.
Quinnipiac went up against tournament host Columbia later that day, taking one out of four sets as the Bobcats lost 21-25, 25-22, 17-25 and 19-25. Again, it was Naylor leading the way with 16 kills and four spikes. The Lions improved to 3-2 with the win.
The Bobcats kicked off Saturday with a loss to the Red Foxes of Marist. Kelby Carey had 11 kills and three spikes for the Bobcats, who lost 19-25, 15-25 and 17-25. Naylor once again found her way into the box score with six kills and three spikes.
Quinnipiac finished up the tournament against Iona, losing 21-25, 16-25 and 16-25. Carey compiled nine kills and three spikes in the loss, while Pachoud added six kills and three spikes.
The Bobcats will look ahead to the Army Tournament on Friday when they will play Morgan State and Army.