- Quinnipiac hires Baker Dunleavy as men’s basketball coach
- South Carolina ends Quinnipiac’s tournament run in Sweet 16
- Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling dominates Glenville State
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball takes on South Carolina in Sweet 16
- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
Tennis newcomers shine at Doubles Festival
The Quinnipiac Bobcats women’s tennis team had a very successful beginning to the 2009-10 season on Sunday at the Fairfield University Doubles Festival. The Bobcats walked away with eight wins and three losses in matches against Fairfield University and SUNY Albany.
Senior Mary Wilson and junior Adrienne Markison won all three of their matches with scores of 8-2, 8-4, and 8-1, winning the Flight A championship. Sophomore Natalie Duckor and junior Lisanne Steinert swept their competition with scores of 8-2, 8-4, and 8-6, winning the Flight B championship.
Freshmen doubles partners Rachel Cantor and Sarah Viebrock made a great impression in their first wins as Bobcats, ending the festival with a 2-1 record. The newcomers won two matches 8-4 and 8-2, and lost one match by a score of 8-1.
Sophomore Carly Loewenstein and senior Shawna Sarson were less successful, losing matches at 4-5 and 2-8, respectfully. Loewenstein also played alongside junior Ali Warshavsky in a tough match against Fairfield, losing 0-8.