- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
- Women’s rugby team takes home second championship
- Women’s basketball’s upset bid against Michigan State falls short
- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
Tennis newcomers shine at Doubles Festival
The Quinnipiac Bobcats women’s tennis team had a very successful beginning to the 2009-10 season on Sunday at the Fairfield University Doubles Festival. The Bobcats walked away with eight wins and three losses in matches against Fairfield University and SUNY Albany.
Senior Mary Wilson and junior Adrienne Markison won all three of their matches with scores of 8-2, 8-4, and 8-1, winning the Flight A championship. Sophomore Natalie Duckor and junior Lisanne Steinert swept their competition with scores of 8-2, 8-4, and 8-6, winning the Flight B championship.
Freshmen doubles partners Rachel Cantor and Sarah Viebrock made a great impression in their first wins as Bobcats, ending the festival with a 2-1 record. The newcomers won two matches 8-4 and 8-2, and lost one match by a score of 8-1.
Sophomore Carly Loewenstein and senior Shawna Sarson were less successful, losing matches at 4-5 and 2-8, respectfully. Loewenstein also played alongside junior Ali Warshavsky in a tough match against Fairfield, losing 0-8.