- Quinnipiac men’s soccer falls in MAAC Championship to Rider, 1-0
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey loses 5-1 to Union
- No. 9 Villanova handles Quinnipiac men’s basketball, 86-53
- Quinnipiac rugby defeats Notre Dame College 46-5 on Senior Day, moves onto NIRA semifinals
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey shuts out RPI, 3-0
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer prevails in shootout vs. Marist, advances to MAAC Championship
- Hell comes to Quinnipiac
- Social Media IRL
- Best week to eat
- The 90’s never felt so modern
Tennis newcomers shine at Doubles Festival
The Quinnipiac Bobcats women’s tennis team had a very successful beginning to the 2009-10 season on Sunday at the Fairfield University Doubles Festival. The Bobcats walked away with eight wins and three losses in matches against Fairfield University and SUNY Albany.
Senior Mary Wilson and junior Adrienne Markison won all three of their matches with scores of 8-2, 8-4, and 8-1, winning the Flight A championship. Sophomore Natalie Duckor and junior Lisanne Steinert swept their competition with scores of 8-2, 8-4, and 8-6, winning the Flight B championship.
Freshmen doubles partners Rachel Cantor and Sarah Viebrock made a great impression in their first wins as Bobcats, ending the festival with a 2-1 record. The newcomers won two matches 8-4 and 8-2, and lost one match by a score of 8-1.
Sophomore Carly Loewenstein and senior Shawna Sarson were less successful, losing matches at 4-5 and 2-8, respectfully. Loewenstein also played alongside junior Ali Warshavsky in a tough match against Fairfield, losing 0-8.