- Baker Dunleavy signs five-year contract extension
- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
Tennis newcomers shine at Doubles Festival
The Quinnipiac Bobcats women’s tennis team had a very successful beginning to the 2009-10 season on Sunday at the Fairfield University Doubles Festival. The Bobcats walked away with eight wins and three losses in matches against Fairfield University and SUNY Albany.
Senior Mary Wilson and junior Adrienne Markison won all three of their matches with scores of 8-2, 8-4, and 8-1, winning the Flight A championship. Sophomore Natalie Duckor and junior Lisanne Steinert swept their competition with scores of 8-2, 8-4, and 8-6, winning the Flight B championship.
Freshmen doubles partners Rachel Cantor and Sarah Viebrock made a great impression in their first wins as Bobcats, ending the festival with a 2-1 record. The newcomers won two matches 8-4 and 8-2, and lost one match by a score of 8-1.
Sophomore Carly Loewenstein and senior Shawna Sarson were less successful, losing matches at 4-5 and 2-8, respectfully. Loewenstein also played alongside junior Ali Warshavsky in a tough match against Fairfield, losing 0-8.