- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
Sprucing up your college wardrobe
It’s another dreaded Monday morning. After hitting the snooze button three times, you finally roll out of bed. With little time to spare, you put on the standard 8 a.m. uniform: sweatpants and a sloppy T-shirt. Since when did fashion sacrifice for sleep? It is possible to roll out of bed and go to class looking both cute and feeling comfortable. The solution is making a few simple tweaks to your wardrobe.
Almost every fashion designer sent models down the runway sporting leggings of all varieties for their fall of 2009 collections. While leggings create a silhouetted, polished look, they also provide the advantages that make sweatpants so appealing because they’re comfortable and careless. As a female college student concerned with fashion but not wanting to sacrifice precious time that can be spent doing school work, leggings serve as a great staple for any fall wardrobe.
Junior Sara Lederle, an occupational therapy major, said she is often inundated by her demanding schedule so much that fashion has to take the back burner.
“When I’m not overwhelmed with schoolwork I like to blow dry and straighten my hair, but when I don’t have time to do that I feel like I don’t have time to put together a cute outfit or accessorize,” Lederle said.
Lederle said the typical outfit she’d wear for a morning class includes a pair of Victoria Secret Pink sweatpants, a plain white T-shirt, and a gray zipper-up sweatshirt.
“Early in the morning, I’ll throw this outfit on because it’s comfortable and easy, but I don’t feel as if I’m put together,” she said.
After a few simple tweaks and suggestions to Ledrele’s look, an outfit is created that is equally comfortable and effortless. The final result: a classic pair of black leggings, a plain white T-shirt, a gray sweater that lies just below her bottom, a casual scarf draped around her neck, and an oversized bangle.
Not all fashion has to be tight and uncomfortable. Black leggings work with virtually any outfit. Just make sure the shirt you are wearing is long enough. Reaching for a simple necklace or set of bangles to accessorize as you head out the door also upgrades your look in no time. Planning ahead for outfits also saves time so you don’t have to do the guesswork in the early morning hours.
Looking stylish for attending class won’t help you get the “A,” but it may leave you feeling refreshed and satisfied with your appearance- and who doesn’t love that feeling?