- Quinnipiac softball swept by red-hot Monmouth in doubleheader
- Quinnipiac men’s tennis loses perfect MAAC season on Senior Day
- Quinnipiac women’s tennis falls to Middlebury in regular season finale
- Khalid Wakes the Giant
- Bug infestation in Hill Residence Halls
- Playing by her own rules
- Evan’s ascension
- Make every day Earth Day
- New School of Nursing dean appointed
- Students attend international summit in Jordan
Freshmen start strong on tennis courts
The Quinnipiac Bobcats men’s tennis team had a strong start to the season in the Fairfield University Doubles Festival with a total of nine victories and only seven losses.
Freshmen Alex Lazerowich and Andrew Weeden led the way for the Bobcats, who finished the day with three wins and only one loss. Junior Brian Mikkelson and sophomore James Kwei were able to advance to the finals in Flight One of the festival, where they would eventually fall to Fairfield’s doubles team of Rob Ferrante and Joe Michalisan.
Quinnipiac seniors John Hughes and Charlie Feldman took a similar path in Flight Two, where they defeated teams from Bryant and UConn to reach the finals, only to fall to Fairfield’s Ryan Berthod and Dan Sauter. Bobcat junior Dillon Kraus competed in the Doubles Festival with Erik Kremheller of Fairfield and was able to pick up two wins.
The Bobcats will resume play again on Sept. 25, when they compete in the UConn Invitational in Storrs.