- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
Freshmen start strong on tennis courts
The Quinnipiac Bobcats men’s tennis team had a strong start to the season in the Fairfield University Doubles Festival with a total of nine victories and only seven losses.
Freshmen Alex Lazerowich and Andrew Weeden led the way for the Bobcats, who finished the day with three wins and only one loss. Junior Brian Mikkelson and sophomore James Kwei were able to advance to the finals in Flight One of the festival, where they would eventually fall to Fairfield’s doubles team of Rob Ferrante and Joe Michalisan.
Quinnipiac seniors John Hughes and Charlie Feldman took a similar path in Flight Two, where they defeated teams from Bryant and UConn to reach the finals, only to fall to Fairfield’s Ryan Berthod and Dan Sauter. Bobcat junior Dillon Kraus competed in the Doubles Festival with Erik Kremheller of Fairfield and was able to pick up two wins.
The Bobcats will resume play again on Sept. 25, when they compete in the UConn Invitational in Storrs.