- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Freshmen start strong on tennis courts
The Quinnipiac Bobcats men’s tennis team had a strong start to the season in the Fairfield University Doubles Festival with a total of nine victories and only seven losses.
Freshmen Alex Lazerowich and Andrew Weeden led the way for the Bobcats, who finished the day with three wins and only one loss. Junior Brian Mikkelson and sophomore James Kwei were able to advance to the finals in Flight One of the festival, where they would eventually fall to Fairfield’s doubles team of Rob Ferrante and Joe Michalisan.
Quinnipiac seniors John Hughes and Charlie Feldman took a similar path in Flight Two, where they defeated teams from Bryant and UConn to reach the finals, only to fall to Fairfield’s Ryan Berthod and Dan Sauter. Bobcat junior Dillon Kraus competed in the Doubles Festival with Erik Kremheller of Fairfield and was able to pick up two wins.
The Bobcats will resume play again on Sept. 25, when they compete in the UConn Invitational in Storrs.