- Public Safety escorts professor off campus
- SGA budget brings stress, frustration and potential protests
- The QU Farmers Market makes a comeback
- Another series of email scams at Quinnipiac
- The next forgotten genocide?
- Performing for Puerto Rico
- Worrisome weather
- Quinnipiac softball swept by red-hot Monmouth in doubleheader
- Quinnipiac men’s tennis loses perfect MAAC season on Senior Day
- Quinnipiac women’s tennis falls to Middlebury in regular season finale
Venturelli wins presidency
During the SGA campaign process, Louis Venturelli spoke again and again of his experience, from his work with Residence Hall Council to his managerial position at Coldstone Creamery.
Well now, he has another title to add to his resume.
With more than 50 percent of the campus voting, Louis Venturelli was chosen as the Student Government president.
“I am honored and humbled,” Venturelli said. “Really, I’m still in shock. I’m so proud to be student body president, and I’m definitely looking forward to the future.”
This election proved to be a learning experience for presidential candidate Dean Czerwonka as well.
“This past election has taught me a lot of things about myself and also my peers,” Czerwonka said.
Despite the intensity of the election campaigns, there were no hard feeling between the candidates.
“I want to congratulate Lou for his amazing win tonight as SGA President. He knows that I am proud of him and everything that he has accomplished as a leader on this campus. I know the organization is in great hands and that the future of the organization will be great,” Czerwonka said. “I told him Sunday night that if I was to lose, I wanted to lose to him. He ran probably the most ethical/”cleanest” race that I have seen out of a lot of people who ran this year.”
2009-2010 Election Results:
Student Government President:
Vice President of Student Concerns:
Vice President of Programming:
Vice President of Finance:
Vice President of Public Relations:
2010 Vice President:
2011 Vice President:
2012 Vice President:
Stay with quchronicle.com for more on this developing story.