- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Men’s tennis edges ‘Nova, 4-3
On Apr. 7, the Villanova Wildcats (4-11) men’s tennis team came to town and took on the Quinnipiac Bobcats (7-5). The Bobcats were able to hold on to the lead and win the match by the score of 4-3.
Tom Curran, John Hughes and Garrett Lane won their singles matches. In doubles play, Brian Mikkelson and James Kwei and Curran and Joe Nuara came out victorious.
The doubles victories gave the Bobcats the doubles point. Hughes then won his singles match at No. 1, 6-0, 6-0 to put the Bobcats up 2-0. However, the Wildcats came back and defeated Kwei, 6-3, 6-1 in the No. 4 singles matchup, making the score 2-1.
Curran then went up for the Bobcats in the No. 6 singles matchup and won in three sets, 6-1, 1-6, 6-2.
The Bobcats clinched the victory when Lane won in the No. 3 matchup, with scores of 0-6, 6-4, 6-3, putting the Bobcats up 4-1 on the day.
Charlie Feldman lost in the No. 5 matchup, by scores of 6-2, 2-6, 6-4. Mikkelson also lost his singles matchup in the No. 2 singles, 3-6, 7-6 (6), 6-1.
The Bobcats are on the road for their next match, traveling to West Long Branch, N.J. for a Thursday afternoon matchup. They are taking on Northeast Conference foe, the Monmouth Hawks.