- Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling drops season-opener to Baylor
- Men’s ice hockey celebrates senior night with 4-1 win
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey loses at Yale, 2-0
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls in double overtime at Fairfield
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse upsets No. 17 Brown in overtime
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey loses to Union at home, 5-2
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball squeaks past Manhattan, 71-70
- Fabbri’s 400
- Lahey’s lasting legacy
- Chaise to 1,000
Men’s tennis edges ‘Nova, 4-3
On Apr. 7, the Villanova Wildcats (4-11) men’s tennis team came to town and took on the Quinnipiac Bobcats (7-5). The Bobcats were able to hold on to the lead and win the match by the score of 4-3.
Tom Curran, John Hughes and Garrett Lane won their singles matches. In doubles play, Brian Mikkelson and James Kwei and Curran and Joe Nuara came out victorious.
The doubles victories gave the Bobcats the doubles point. Hughes then won his singles match at No. 1, 6-0, 6-0 to put the Bobcats up 2-0. However, the Wildcats came back and defeated Kwei, 6-3, 6-1 in the No. 4 singles matchup, making the score 2-1.
Curran then went up for the Bobcats in the No. 6 singles matchup and won in three sets, 6-1, 1-6, 6-2.
The Bobcats clinched the victory when Lane won in the No. 3 matchup, with scores of 0-6, 6-4, 6-3, putting the Bobcats up 4-1 on the day.
Charlie Feldman lost in the No. 5 matchup, by scores of 6-2, 2-6, 6-4. Mikkelson also lost his singles matchup in the No. 2 singles, 3-6, 7-6 (6), 6-1.
The Bobcats are on the road for their next match, traveling to West Long Branch, N.J. for a Thursday afternoon matchup. They are taking on Northeast Conference foe, the Monmouth Hawks.