- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
Men’s tennis edges ‘Nova, 4-3
On Apr. 7, the Villanova Wildcats (4-11) men’s tennis team came to town and took on the Quinnipiac Bobcats (7-5). The Bobcats were able to hold on to the lead and win the match by the score of 4-3.
Tom Curran, John Hughes and Garrett Lane won their singles matches. In doubles play, Brian Mikkelson and James Kwei and Curran and Joe Nuara came out victorious.
The doubles victories gave the Bobcats the doubles point. Hughes then won his singles match at No. 1, 6-0, 6-0 to put the Bobcats up 2-0. However, the Wildcats came back and defeated Kwei, 6-3, 6-1 in the No. 4 singles matchup, making the score 2-1.
Curran then went up for the Bobcats in the No. 6 singles matchup and won in three sets, 6-1, 1-6, 6-2.
The Bobcats clinched the victory when Lane won in the No. 3 matchup, with scores of 0-6, 6-4, 6-3, putting the Bobcats up 4-1 on the day.
Charlie Feldman lost in the No. 5 matchup, by scores of 6-2, 2-6, 6-4. Mikkelson also lost his singles matchup in the No. 2 singles, 3-6, 7-6 (6), 6-1.
The Bobcats are on the road for their next match, traveling to West Long Branch, N.J. for a Thursday afternoon matchup. They are taking on Northeast Conference foe, the Monmouth Hawks.